It's getting close to Spring and boy am I in trouble....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by baltimoreharps, Feb 23, 2011.

1. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    I can tell it's getting closer to Spring. I just tried to log into FB and instead of facebook, I typed facebokk....I have no room for stealth chicks and this is going to be one hard, long Spring with no new fuzzybutts. [​IMG] [​IMG] It's bad enough I have to go into the feed store to get a 25 lb bag for my one remaining pet silkie, but to walk past those chicks and not get any is going to be torture!!!! [​IMG]

Thanks for listening, you guys get it. [​IMG]

Edited because I can't spell.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Oh you poor thing....... Be strong my friend!! I will pray for you.... You will need it for this test!!

3. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I am hatching now and hoping to be able to sell most of the chicks. I hope. [​IMG] Could you hatch and sell? Kind of like being a loving Grandparent. Care for them and send them to their new home.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Soooo why are you walking by and not buying them? I don't get it! They are there - B U Y T H E M.

5. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    Quote:YOU ARE EVIL you enabler!!!!! [​IMG]
    I cannot hatch them out, no incubator and an onry non broody silkiw who will not even lay eggs and hates any other chicken is not a good momma, lol.

Ms.Fuybutts, thank you I am going to need it! It doesn't help that I'm now getting farming supply catalogs now either.. just keep it comin guys...[​IMG]

6. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    Oh all the better reasons to get more chicks. Teach that silly hen to share! BUY MORE CHICKS BUY MORE CHICKS BUY MORE CHICKS!!!! [​IMG]

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I am having some chick yearnings myself. I send the dh to get the feed.
    I bet he'll crack and bring some home, ...but i do not have room.
    What would happen if you got three chicks?
    eventually they'll be big enough to mingle with snobby silkie. maybe they will beguile her and they'll become friends.

8. Louise's Country Closet

Louise's Country Closet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Garrison, MN
    Quote:[​IMG] I'm afraid I have to agree LOL

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I had to dash to the feed store for Corrid V and some other stuff this morning, and the chicks are in! As distraught as I am about the need for that Corrid, I still had to look at the fluzzbuts. [​IMG]

It was tough. But I have healthy chicks in brooders and "Tweens" outside suffering from coccidosis, so no purchases of babies for me.

10. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Heheheh...I got my fix...er...chicks 10 days ago, I'm good to go!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by