Its Happening

chickenrunnin

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 22, 2008
Roy, Washington
Okay friends,
I know you have heard this a million times but I have tried for a year to incubate some eggs. I first a giant homemade one that was given to me that makes a better bator for plants than chicks as I never got one hatch. I got a I think its called a Little Man and couldnt get the temp to set. So now on my third batch....and I threw away 20 eggs the other day I heard my first Pip from three eggs due to hatch today. I thought I was losing my mind as the egg wiggled a bit then wiggled alot more and then.....the beautiful sound. I am very excited. I am trying not to as I have read that sometimes they struggle coming out or die, and i would feel crushed now that I have heard the sound. But anyway, I HEARD my baby. YEAH!!! Just wanted to share.

Kelly

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Yippee! Go baby go!
Keep us posted and we need PICS!
ya.gif

So around midnight is when I first heard them. Its 10 now. It sounds like scratching going on in there and chirping. I finally understand when everyone else was sharing their joy of hearing the first PIP, i could only imagine what it was. You should have seen me. I was so excited, that when I first heard it, thought I was crazy, then I heard it again and said out loud, "They were right" and then began jumping through my house and woke the kids up. These are mixed breed babies, brown Americauna with a buff orpington/fryer cross dad.

Will share picures too as soon as the enter the world.

Back
Top Bottom