It's here, my Sportsman is here!!

ksacres

At Your Service
14 Years
Nov 16, 2007
San Antonio TX
I FINALLY got a call from the freight company saying my Sportsman is here!! I'm going to get it set up tonight.

Dipsy, your eggs arrived on Monday without a scratch on them, beautiful! Those NN eggs are a lot bigger than I expected-I feel bad for the hens
smile.png
I set half on Tuesday, and in the interest of test hatching I kept back the other half to put in the Sportsman (it was supposed to be here yesterday).

I also kept back the six smallest eggs from Kentucky Silkies to test hatch as well. These came last Friday, I think ? So these may not hatch.

I didn't keep back any of Jody's eggs b/c that would have been a LONG time to hold them.

So, I'll be setting the bator up this afternoon, and if all goes well, and putting the rest of the eggs into the bator tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck guys! This should tell me if it's my current bators that are having issues I don't know about. It's the 1502 and preset for chickens/ducks/etc

Wow that thing is HUGE....... NICE.

I really need to get an incubator.................... darn it! I hate seeing all these posts...........
big_smile.png
and the posts with the cute little chicks hatching - you guys are MEAN!!!

Excuse me while I go sit in the corner and pout
wink.png

My brother just got a used Sportsman and said it looks like it came over on the Ark. Plugged that old thing in and temps came right up and haven't bobbled a degree.
In the spirit of sibling rivalry, I told him I could still outhatch him using my styro Little Giants, lol.

Good luck! I'm so excited for you
smile.png

Oh, and glad to hear the eggs made it OK.

Lisa

Mine is used too, but only a little over a year old. I'm sooo excited. I plan to hatch and sell some chicks in the spring, but that plan may be short lived, I have a tendancy to want to keep it if I hatch it! It was hard for me to give away all my cockerals b/c I hatched them myself. I gave away the 1st chickie I hatched (his name was Chirp Chirp) b/c he was a pain in the behind, but I still had a hard time with it b/c he was MINE! MINE MINE MINE!! LOL

I do hope it's as good as I've heard it is. LOTS of room for eggs. I don't even have enough hens to fill it...

You Will Love IT!!!! mine has been running non stop for over 3 months now and just purrs along.. IT is the reason we have such great hatches
tongue.png

If you do not already have it,, at some point you will want the clear door so you can be nosy without opening it up.. and the extra tub for water that sits on top..the bad side is you cannot stop hatching and you will end up with fluffy butts everywhere
lol.png

CONGRATS...
Denna

Mine has the bucket for auto humidity. It doesn't have a clear door, but I'm not that nosy until I hear peeping
smile.png
I can't stop hatching anyway, I figure I might as well nurture the obsession...

Back
Top Bottom