It's here!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ebonykawai, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

My bator was delivered today (the Hova Genesis)!! [​IMG] I have it set up right now and am putting it through its paces, which is pretty easy because I don't have to do anything, lol.

I have a question about the wire mesh. It doesn't lay flat, exactly, but sort of curls a bit. Not much, just a bit. Will that be a problem with the eggs, will they roll around? How can I get it flat? Anyone else have this issue?

Getting psyched!! [​IMG]

2. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    CONGRATS! Yes my hova-bator also has "wavy wire" I just try to bend it the way I want....which kind of works lol [​IMG] Those genesis bators are AWESOME...but Im holding out for a sportsman!
    [​IMG]

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    The wire mesh in mine wasn't really flat either. I just laid it in and put the auto turner on top of it, no biggie! [​IMG]

4. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    i dont think any wire is flat it wont hurt the eggs ... you will be fine just try to get it in there flat as can lil wave is fine .. just not a lot

5. ebonykawai

Thanks! It seems fine, I don't think the eggs will roll. Holding steady at 100F and 47%. [​IMG]

6. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    congrats

7. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I received my Genesis last week Tuesday and have had eggs in it since Thursday. It's working great!! I wish I would have bought one in the first place instead of the bators w/ the wafers. Good luck on your hatch.

8. ebonykawai

Good luck to you, as well! I can't believe how steady this holds. It's fantastic!

9. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Yall are making me want one.

10. ebonykawai

I know. It's a sickness. [​IMG]

I got the eggs today, BTW. PERFECT!! I'm setting them tomorrow.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by