It's...It's a ROOSTER!!!!!

Fussy8

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Utah
Today was the first day of school and I didn't have time to feed my flock. So my dad and mom did it for me. Well my dad stepped outside and heard a funny noise. As he got closer he saw our youngest white crested polish stick his head up and CROW a very small crow BUT it was a CROW!!!!!!! I went out there after school and looked at him. He is pure black instead of grey like our other one and he has BIG wattles and a crooked cone AND he has baby spurs coming in. He chases all the hens except for my buff orpington. She keeps walking around with her wings a little pulled out from her body! Well i am hoping he will stay nice and quiet!!!
clap.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif

that's how my dad discribed his!! myt mom said we might have to get rid of him...
hit.gif
lets hope not
fl.gif
!!!

i am pretty sure 7 but one of our bantam silkies kind of looks like a rooster but he or she hasn't crowed or layed an egg! also i still can't post pictures!!

nah, i think laying feed is allright for all chickens!!
I feed all my chickens layer feed!!
IHow old are your hens? ive noticed the earlier you start with lauing feed the earlier they start and the bugger the eggs are!!
Quote:

Good and I started my 6 oldest hens with layer feed at 5 months and my two youngest ( counting the roo ) with layer feed at like 2 months!! the other youngster is a buff so i hope that will be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom