It's killing my flock one by one. HELP!

There is a well recommended poultry vet who you can consult at First State Veterinary Supply.
firststatevetsupply.com. His site says that he is available for consultation.
Kate

my 5 day old is doing the same thing !! I've been searching this computer for hours now...... It does sound like Merecks and if it's doing what mine is doing it "looks" like it as well. However.. My were supposedly vaccinated .. I'm shooting for a neurological issue or vitamins... I'm trying some vitamins.. Please keep me posted on how yours do. Have they always done this?
Pat

I got an antibiotic from my local feed store. I don't remember the name, I can look it up when I get home and let you know, its for cows, pigs, chickens, and turkeys. its in powder form so i mix it with their water. For chickens you put one tsp to a gallon. Maybe you should try something like that. I give it to all my bitties when theyre first born and then if i notice they look a little under the weather I'll give them a dose.

Antibiotics are not to be played with. This sentance, "... look a little under the weather I'll give them a dose." is typical of folks who don't understand how antibiotics work, nor do they understand the dangers of using antibiotics when they are unnecessary.

Please don't use any antibiotic unless you know what you are treating. Different strains of bacteria require different antibiotics. This will prevent us (humans) from making even more microorganisms resistant to antibiotics.

If the poo is bright green it could be botulism and if it is the sooner you treat them the better search botulism on here there are 2 ways to flush one is with Epson salt and the other is syrup some kind but on here there are some step by step instructions

Antibiotics are not to be played with. This sentance, "... look a little under the weather I'll give them a dose." is typical of folks who don't understand how antibiotics work, nor do they understand the dangers of using antibiotics when they are unnecessary.

Please don't use any antibiotic unless you know what you are treating. Different strains of bacteria require different antibiotics. This will prevent us (humans) from making even more microorganisms resistant to antibiotics.

I don't just randomly treat them. I know what the antibiotics i purchase are for and I'll treat them with it accordingly if they start to get sick with something that it can help. Sorry if you got the wrong impression I don't just drug up my chickens all the time lol

Back
Top Bottom