It's My Party & I Can Cry If I Want To.......

Quote:
Tried the store thing. He had DD go. And you never want to get that man started on a real project. It will become a major undertaking that requires complete family participation.

somewhere along the way we decided that we had more fun with our friends than with our family. We go to friend's homes for holidays, or they come here. I think the single friends, the church friends, the new neighbors, the young couple far from home...who wouldn't like to pick their family? Give it a try next year. Pot luck. You only make the turkey. You get to try some new dishes that way too.
And our friends like us because we ARE strange. Friends think we are unique, family thinks we are weird, and some sort of never ending supply of work and talent and finances. They let us always do it, because we always have. We can handle it, so they let us. next year don't call them, let them call you. When they ask what you are doing for thanksgiving say,"I haven't planned anything. What are YOU doing for Thanksgiving?"
And you do have a lovely dinning room! And the egg plate was the first thing I noticed!
Trudy had a good time! look at her. She's still happy.

horsejody, I respect your opinion. I always do. Thank you. Of course, there's always more to the picture. My sister is my twin, right there you have a whole nother topic going on with competition, etc etc. we always got along, but.....(any twins out there?!) I lay it on the line like it is, I have nothing to hide. But I was a little worried that BIL would search out BYC and check my username to see if he was talked about.
hide.gif
Yuck, would he do that? If so, that answers a lot of questions for me. I took a chance with that. I'm so annoyed that I don't care anymore.

Quote:
I like the way you think! My siblings are my closest friends, we get along really well. Something is happening lately.....not sure what it is. I don't want to worry about this kind of crap at my age. I want freedom from this. So...........I choose not to worry about it! I already feel better! hahaha Every time a thought about this creeped into my mind, I ignored it
wee.gif

I think I'm going along with what Orpington and you said. I will help out "strangers" that need it more than our spoiled families need, or want. Next year, we're not available.
smile.png
There is a food bank right down the street from us and guess what? They are getting fresh eggs from us !! Regularly.... And I already donate to the animal shelter, I'll just do more.

So in the end, this turned out better than I thought! Thanks everyone.....

Quote:
OMG!!! A twin!!! There's 2 of you!! One was enough!!! Just kidding. Next time they come over really shake them up. Show them the cyst pictures. They'll never want to eat there again and won't come back for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom