It's not easy incubating eggs

Those don't look viable to me.

Take the most drawn down one and make a hole in the fat end to look inside and see what's going on.

Okay. Will do. Incidentally, I cracked open all the other quitters that I put in the fridge. Two were never fertile, the other three developed for a few days at least; grape size embryos.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but that would be a pretty dumb thing to do. I have a Titan Incubators bright LED candler.

I agree that would be a pretty dumb thing to do. But when you said, "I have a very bright candle," I was afraid you might be trying to use an actual candle. (Of course you would have trouble seeing inside eggs if you were!) So I asked, just in case.

This site has plenty of people that know a lot about chickens, but there are also plenty of people that are just starting to learn about chickens. So I try to ask instead of assuming. :oops:

Opened up two. Third one was rotten. Disgusting! Green, stinky mess**gag** I discarded them all after that one. Looks like they all died along the way. Oh well, only cost me the $8 in shipping for this dozen. At least I have one pullet from this eBay seller from my first batch. She's my $32 hen.

I found my calendar event. July 25th was the end of day zero in the incubator, so that makes it officially 26 days.
IMG_3145.JPEG
IMG_3146.JPEG
IMG_3147.JPEG

Back
Top Bottom