It's official, Girl drama in my house has driven me to drink....

today everyone got everything worked out.

Since mom has been sick as of late and doesn't want to be around entire fam in case she isn't well, I invited mom and dad over for a memorial day celebration a day early. I forced the girls to work together in mowing the lawn, cooking, cleaning
barnie.gif
and of course I made them all drag the slip n slide out so the boys n girls from 9 through 19 were forced to spend an hour together sliding down the hill on a wet piece of plastic in 50 degree water in 90 degree heat. Me and my dad laughed so hard we about p'd ourselves while mixing another long island
smile.png

Mom had a blast, and she cooked her amazing strawberry shortcake
smile.png

All in all, it could have been worse... much worse. I'm just glad no hair was pulled out, clothes torn, and one of them walking around going nanner nanner nanner!

Quote:
hahahaha hardly. more than likely to get the straight jacket by october... u just watch n see
smile.png
Chickenstock is on the 12th.. Hope I can last till then
smile.png

Quote:
My neighbor built a bunch of little cabins (which my father assisted him in) and rents them out now. One such cabin is lovingly called the man cave, so my mother bought a little sign that said just that. Recently, the census worker came around, and asked our neighbor, "Is this Man Cave, ... lane?"
"Why yes, it is."
lol.png

Guess they couldn't figure out a number for the property that had up till then, just been woods.

hugs.gif
Boyd. I'll beat you at skiing though.
big_smile.png
But not the jumping.

One word for you my brave friend- Chocolate. Get it. In every form known to man, dark, milk, powdered, bars, liquid, and frozen, and keep it all over the house. I raised 3 teenaged girls, and have another one about to hit 13, and one thing I've learned- Chocolate has amazing powers over females.

Oh, and great thinking putting them all to work together! Sometimes having to do something together, agreeable or not, will help pull girls outta a funk. I call it re-directing otherwise wasted energy into getting something done I didnt wanna do myself! heheheheh
wink.png

Hi Boyd,
I hope you don't mind me asking this but what does "aged out mean". Does it mean once they turn 18 they are expected to move out on their own? The reason I ask is my father and his wife foster kids here in Australia and I have never heard that term used before. Some stay like you said for a few weeks/years and others are classed as permanent foster. They get paid by the govermet til they are 18 but they never are expected to leave after that. Just curious as to the differences in both our foster care systems.

Quote:
many of the kids I get have been in the system for years. I may only get some of them for a few years, some even less. I try to make sure they know how to cook, clean, balance a checkbook, get their drivers license and set them up for college in that short period of time. Sometimes though, when they hit the magic age of 18 they are legally able to walk out of the system. Many of them go back to their birth parents they were removed from, others are sick of the rules I have to keep (darn few actually) and find their own place. They always come back to visit though. Others stick around, and I have one starting college at the end of next month. She'll have enough money saved to buy her own house, already owns and maintains her own car etc...

But it isn't for everyone. I for the most part only take in teenagers. The ones who are stuck in the system and will "age out" and leave without being adopted. We have a motley crew here, but some days it works out well, others.....................

Somebody start throwing midol and chocolates so I can run to the car
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom