It's Official...

I must be an idiot. I have about 60 guineas. They just started laying and every egg is going in the incubator. I just love these guys! After seeing your keets, I can't wait to hatch more! I need help (mentally). My incubator hasn't been off except for about 2 days since last December (2011).

I must be an idiot. I have about 60 guineas. They just started laying and every egg is going in the incubator. I just love these guys! After seeing your keets, I can't wait to hatch more! I need help (mentally). My incubator hasn't been off except for about 2 days since last December (2011).

I love them too. Mine haven't started laying yet, I'm jealous. Do you have yours penned up, or are you doing the egg search thing?

I love them too. Mine haven't started laying yet, I'm jealous. Do you have yours penned up, or are you doing the egg search thing?
I am very lucky. I open the "coop" which is really a poultry barn every morning and everyone not in breeding pens can do what they want. I don't keep guineas in the breeding pens at all. Fortunately all of my guineas so far are laying in the barn. Some on top of a stack of straw and others in the nest boxes.

My 2nd Hatch for 2013... 18 keets.

And check out this lil dude's racing stripes on the side of his head, lol. I've been hatching a few Pied keets with these head stripes every year. Not sure what they mean tho, because once they start losing their down the stripes are gone and I haven't noticed any difference compared to my other Pieds once they mature.

Hatch #3 is in lock-down now...

That is a VERY unusual head marking. You have another bucket 'o keets.
smile.png
. So cute.

And check out this lil dude's racing stripes on the side of his head, lol. I've been hatching a few Pied keets with these head stripes every year. Not sure what they mean tho, because once they start losing their down the stripes are gone and I haven't noticed any difference compared to my other Pieds once they mature.

Hi peeps.... Just got my first pullet eggsies from the ones I hatched last year.

Wow could that be a variation on a teddy bear. Wouldnt it be cool if you discovered a self sexing gene in Guineas..... LOL.

deb

Hi deb, Congrats on the eggs! Are you planning on hatching and selling keets, or just hatching some to increase your flock size this season?

That would be cool if the keet racing stripes were related to sexing them... doubt it tho, nothing's ever THAT easy with Guineas, lol.

Lol, now Guineas are both cute and cool!
cool.png

Hi deb, Congrats on the eggs! Are you planning on hatching and selling keets, or just hatching some to increase your flock size this season?

That would be cool if the keet racing stripes were related to sexing them... doubt it tho, nothing's ever THAT easy with Guineas, lol.
Thanks Peeps. Not yet on the hatching and selling. I may set a few in a month or two to boost my population. But I may order some Jumbo eggs from Guinea Farm. Thinking about raising jumbos with color. But I am down to eight..... Lost miss Peggy last fall. and a pied about a month later. I have the three I hatched last summer and five left of the ones I got from you two summers ago. they have gotten fairly friendly as Guineas go. And NO I have never let them out to free range.... sigh. Still not living at my house.

deb

Back
Top Bottom