It's sad....today would be day 21.

Thanks everyone. I really have been alright with it. Some things just happen and we cannot do anything about it, and this was one of those times. This time being my first time hatching eggs and using my homemade incubator makes it a little sad. But I am looking forward to my next batch to hatch.
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
Rick (son of krv)
big_smile.png

Quote:
Amen to that. We are also still without power (day 7) and at first I was a little dissapointed that my first hatch was ruined by the lack of power. But now between taking care of my 2 year old, my horses, my dog, my cats, my snakes, no more fish it died three days ago when the house got to 47 degrees and having to trek back and forth between home and where we are staying, chicken eggs are pretty low on the priority list.

Quote:
Amen to that. We are also still without power (day 7) and at first I was a little dissapointed that my first hatch was ruined by the lack of power. But now between taking care of my 2 year old, my horses, my dog, my cats, my snakes, no more fish it died three days ago when the house got to 47 degrees and having to trek back and forth between home and where we are staying, chicken eggs are pretty low on the priority list.

That's a hard situation to go through!
We lost power in 1993 for a week and lost an aquarium full of large well-loved fish. And had a week old infant at the time. Yikes! No chickens back then...

Sure hope life gets back to normal for you soon, bockbock!!

I have a beta and it got a little slow acting when it was in my bedroom and the temperature got cold back there. But I brought it in the living room where the kerosene heater is and it started acting fine.

Rick (son of krv)

Back
Top Bottom