It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

It is the weather for soup but I am horrible about measuring, I just throw things into the pot or instant pot.
I love squash soup, chicken noodle soup, taco soup, and of course chili!!
I think anyone that cooks also have recipes like this! Feel free to share what you put into any of your favorite soups...a pinch of this and a pinch of that will point us in the right direction!!!
:love

I went to a supper club in Wisconsin. Supper Clubs are small restaurants all over Wisconsin that specializes in a home cooked meal and usually 3-4 course meals and Old Fashioneds. This was the first time I had Squash soup and fell in love!
Squash soup, cook cut up squash in Instant Pot with chicken broth. When cooked use a handheld puree blender to blend the squash.

I went to a supper club in Wisconsin. Supper Clubs are small restaurants all over Wisconsin that specializes in a home cooked meal and usually 3-4 course meals and Old Fashioneds. This was the first time I had Squash soup and fell in love!
Squash soup, cook cut up squash in Instant Pot with chicken broth. When cooked use a handheld puree blender to blend the squash.
Squash soup is one of my husbands favorites! The IP makes it so much faster! I will sometimes roast my squash to give it a deeper flavor & then finish it in the IP! Thank you for sharing!

one cold dismal snow day my kids and I were bored. I told them the story of Stone Soup, and they wanted to try it. We went outside and found a nice sized stone ,put it in boiling water to sterilize it, then put it in my cast iron Dutch oven with 3 cups of water. We retold the story, but with each kid going to pantry or fridge for a new ingredient for the pot. I gave some hints of course! They really loved waiting for the soup to be done, and ate all of it! I don't think they ever had so many veggies as that soup had!

one cold dismal snow day my kids and I were bored. I told them the story of Stone Soup, and they wanted to try it. We went outside and found a nice sized stone ,put it in boiling water to sterilize it, then put it in my cast iron Dutch oven with 3 cups of water. We retold the story, but with each kid going to pantry or fridge for a new ingredient for the pot. I gave some hints of course! They really loved waiting for the soup to be done, and ate all of it! I don't think they ever had so many veggies as that soup had!
Hi Cheepteach! I love this...your kids will have this memory forever! :love

I love potato soup too, I just cooked up a huge pot of it yesterday!

That's another one of our favorites, we have it often in the winter. I like to add ham to it and then top it with shredded cheddar (and maybe bacon pieces ;) ). I actually picked up the ingredients at the store just this morning, we have snow expected next weekend.

Love that story CT, bet the kids still talk about their stone soup :D

That's another one of our favorites, we have it often in the winter. I like to add ham to it and then top it with shredded cheddar (and maybe bacon pieces ;) ). I actually picked up the ingredients at the store just this morning, we have snow expected next weekend.
I make mine with bacon...and cheese is definitely a bonus ingredient...yummy!

Back
Top Bottom