It's Soup Weather! Share Your Favorite Recipes Here!

Pics
Okay pulled this off all recipe site will try it tomorrow now will omit the diced tomato for ours and they do not add ham I will
Bean and Bacon Soup

Ingredients

1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans
1 lb ham
1 lb bacon
2 med onions
2 stalks of celery
4 tsp chicken bullion
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 can diced tomato
4 cups ham broth

Directions

Instructions Checklist

Boil the beans in 9 cups of the water and then let sit for one hour. Drain and set aside.

Cook the bacon to your desired texture (it can be soft or crisp, whatever you prefer) and drain except for 1/4 cup grease. Coarsely chop the bacon.

Add the onions and celery to the reserved grease and bacon and saute until soft, do not drain. Add the chicken base or cubes, 4 cups water, beans, bay leaf, salt, pepper, and cloves, and simmer for 2 hours.

Stir in the tomatoes with their juice. Serve.

Macaroni & Cheese Savory Soup
1 box Macaroni & Cheese Dinner Mix (Kraft)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3-1/4 cup chicken broth (or 2 cans)
1-12 oz can of beer (Coors,Budweiser or what ever you drink)
1 10 oz pack mixed frozen vegetables (I use gumbo vegetable mix)
1 cup diced fully cooked ham

Cook Macaroni noodles out of the box until just tender. Drain and set aside
Melt butter in your stewing pot, stir in flour and and cheese sauce mix from the dinner box. Gradually stir in broth and beer. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly (do not scorch but cook at a high enough temp that it bubbles. Cook and stir 1 minute more after soup turns dense.
Add vegetables and ham and cook about 5-10 mins more until vegetables are tender.Stir in the cooked macaroni and heat through.

Done! Supposed to Make 6 servings but apparently I don't abide by serving sizes. 😅
How's it taste?

How's it taste?
Good enough that I kept it in my Tried and true recipes. It's good if you like cheese!🧀 But you know everyone has their own tastes. I'm Asian and I'm from the deep south along the coast so I'm into a wide range of different flavors and textures than some people. None of my kids grew up picky eaters more like competitive (ha,ha) and they like it..

We tend to like more spices now being old past 60 here
going to make the navy bean bacon and ham but found another on food network I love their recipes .. Now they had ham navy beans we like the bacon
Food Network Navy beans, bacon ham

Ingredients

1 Lb navy beans
10 sprigs parsley
2 sprigs thyme or rosemary
1 bay leaf
2 lbs of ham
1 lb bacon
1 med onion
1 clove garlic
8 cups of water (I use ham broth)
1 medium carrot
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
Butter for Garnish

Directions

Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by about 2 inches. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes; remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for one hour. Drain and reserve. Tie the parsley, thyme, and bay leaf together with kitchen twine.

In a large soup pot or Dutch oven combine the beans, herb bundle, hocks, onions, and garlic with the water. Bring to a boil, cover, and adjust the heat so the soup cooks at a gentle simmer. Cook until the beans and hock are completely tender, about 1 1/2 hours.

Turn off the heat and remove the hocks. Cool slightly. Remove the meat from the hocks, discarding the bones, fat, and skin. Cut the meat into small cubes. Remove the herb bundle and discard.

Puree about 3 cups of the beans with a some of the liquid in a blender. (For a smoother soup puree all the beans.) Stir the puree and diced meat into the soup. Heat the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed with salt and pepper.

Pour into heated bowls, place a small pat of butter on top of each soup, and serve.

Good enough that I kept it in my Tried and true recipes. It's good if you like cheese!🧀 But you know everyone has their own tastes. I'm Asian and I'm from the deep south along the coast so I'm into a wide range of different flavors and textures than some people. None of my kids grew up picky eaters more like competitive (ha,ha) and they like it..
Probably not a problem for me then. I love Asian food, and more importantly, I’m from Wisconsin. I love cheese.

Warning...For Onion Lovers only!:D
One of my favorite soups ever.....Allow about 35-45 mins for the onions to cook. Cooking them very slowly over low heat gives the onions a deep golden color, releasing their full flavor. The whole soup takes about 1 hour to make but worth the wait!

Onion Soup
3 Tablespoons butter
4 cups thinly sliced ( I like Vidalia's or Walla Walla's)
1 tsp sugar
1 Tablespoon of flour
4 cups water
1/2 tsp salt (or less if your watching your salt)
1/4 tsp black pepper (Or more if you like pepper)
4 oven safe stoneware or ceramic soup bowls
4 slices of dry or lightly toasted french bread (it keeps the cheese from sinking)
Sliced Swiss cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese

Melt the butter in a large pot, add the onions and cook the very slowly over low heat, stirring often. When you reach the desired golden brown color then add the sugar and flour and cook stirring for another 2-3 mins. Add the water and simmer, partially covered for another 30 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour soup into 4 bowls. lay the the slice of bread on top of the soup in the bowl, this keeps the cheese from sinking and adds more yummy texture in the soup. Lay slices of Swiss cheese over the entire soup surface (it's OK to drape it over the side of bowl like a blanket) then top with the grated Parmesan cheese. Put the bowls in the oven to toast the cheese then serve hot with garlic bread.
It tastes & looks like you've created a master piece, impressing even yourself! 😘

Warning...For Onion Lovers only!:D
One of my favorite soups ever.....Allow about 35-45 mins for the onions to cook. Cooking them very slowly over low heat gives the onions a deep golden color, releasing their full flavor. The whole soup takes about 1 hour to make but worth the wait!

Onion Soup
3 Tablespoons butter
4 cups thinly sliced ( I like Vidalia's or Walla Walla's)
1 tsp sugar
1 Tablespoon of flour
4 cups water
1/2 tsp salt (or less if your watching your salt)
1/4 tsp black pepper (Or more if you like pepper)
4 oven safe stoneware or ceramic soup bowls
4 slices of dry or lightly toasted french bread (it keeps the cheese from sinking)
Sliced Swiss cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese

Melt the butter in a large pot, add the onions and cook the very slowly over low heat, stirring often. When you reach the desired golden brown color then add the sugar and flour and cook stirring for another 2-3 mins. Add the water and simmer, partially covered for another 30 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour soup into 4 bowls. lay the the slice of bread on top of the soup in the bowl, this keeps the cheese from sinking and adds more yummy texture in the soup. Lay slices of Swiss cheese over the entire soup surface (it's OK to drape it over the side of bowl like a blanket) then top with the grated Parmesan cheese. Put the bowls in the oven to toast the cheese then serve hot with garlic bread.
It tastes & looks like you've created a master piece, impressing even yourself! 😘
I have done this in a crockpot, and put crockfuls in oven with cheese just before dinner. You can let it cook all day--6 hrs on low--and have it ready when you want it

Back
Top Bottom