It's the last 3 days and I can't get the humidity up!!!

SoccerMomof7

Songster
11 Years
Apr 13, 2008
Kansas
Okay I don't know what happened, I first put the sponges in and it only raised it to 46%, well so I moved the sponges and added a second water dish and it raised to 71% quick, so I took it out put a smaller one in and it went to 51 and now I put the first dish back and it's only 54%. What do I do? I need to get this fixed before I go to bed!

It is the amount of surface space on the water dish that determines how much humidity is created. You said you took the second dish out - try putting a dish back in that has a smaller surface space.

Ex: If the one you took out measured 6 inches in diameter, put one in that is 3 inches.

Hope this helps.

Try to stabilize it fast, by using the smaller dish, like ChickenPalace said, or put the dish back in and remove a sponge. But- you need to stop opening that bator or the temp is going to swing too much. Are there vent plugs you can remove and/or put in? What kind of incubator is it?

Good luck, no matter what!

Well I have 2 dishes in there and it's the beginning of day 18, that is why I am fractically trying to get it to where it needs to be. How long will it take for it to level out once I add more water?

Oh it's a GQF hatcher, big cabinet thingy. I just covered some of the vents back up.

Good grief, that's one of those big bator's! Wish I had one,
tongue.png
!

I was going to say 20-30 minutes, but I have no experience with the big incubators. I have the little 1588.

Maybe someone with more experience will come along. I wish you the best of luck for a happy hatch!

edit for terrible typing- must be bedtime!

Last edited:
I have a sportsman if you have bottom vents close them. fill your tray and put one sponge in. On the top close middle vent and start adjusting the two top side vents to regulate humidity. If it is the beginning of day eighteen there is no danger yet. the side vents that are partially open will furnish oxygen and your fan will blow that air down.

Back
Top Bottom