It's Time For Lockdown!!

FunnyBunnies12

Songster
9 Years
Aug 28, 2010
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Not only is the egg rocking, I did candle it and the tooth is completely inside the air sac and I believe what I am seeing is the internal pip. Because last night it was a clear white air sac, now there seems to be a small slightly darker circle that wasn't there last night approximately the size of this icon here.....
duc.gif
and possibly but not 100% sure a ever, so slight indentation on the outside, could be from when I moved the eggs this past Saturday, but as I said there are things in/around the air sac tonight that wasn't there last night. So it's in the hatchery, I added a bit more water to play it safe to increase the humidity a bit more, currently because of the transfer the temp is approximately 94 and humidity is 80%. But warming up nicely. So am I safe to put it in lock down and stop turning it?? It's 1 1/2 - 2 days early from the original lock down date.

It does not need anymore turning because the baby is rocking it. It has internally piped, because it is rocking. The external pip is like a small dimple going outwards, its small and you may even miss it. It needs to get that one done within 24 hours of the internal pip or is will suffocate. The baby needs another 24-48 hours to zip out of the egg after external pipping. No no more candling and no opening of the hatcher, so it will not shrink wrap in its own membrane.

So 24hrs from now what should I see before any assistance if needed? That is the thing, what got me curious about the pipping is when I saw it, there was this ever so tiny white dot, whiter then the egg, so that is when I candled it and noticed the changes. This is happening faster then I anticipated and was ready for! I could have my baby in the next 24-48hrs!!
ep.gif
I've included my personal e-mail in my profile if you wanted to e-mail me privately Katharina.

Sounds like you have your baby Thursday or Friday. You should see a small hole in the shell tomorrow. After that it will slowly start to chip around the shell in a circle. That itself takes all the time. I have to get off the computer for now. Was loading all day long a 28foot diesel rig for the Oktoberfest we are going to. Tomorrow is driving all day long. We have the little USB plug that connects our laptop to the Internet from anywhere. I will see if it works in the truck.

WOOO HOOOO, that is so cool thank you for showing me, now I know what to look for. I'm a bit nervous now, because the temp in the Hova Bator is so temperamental I woke up at 6am with the temp at 92-93 humidity of 85% So I cranked the heat up. That is the only thing I don't like about the Hova Bator, you constantly have to play with the thermometer. It was either to hot or now I hope it's not dangerously low. But I looked and there is no external pip yet.

We are almost on the road right now. Now you understand why I said the wafer technology is touchy. Aren't you glad you bought the more expensive machine as an incubator. Don't worry to much about your heat in the hatcher. 92-93 is good, because the duckling is already moving generating its own heat in the egg. Just stay above 90. Good luck with the upcoming hatch.

Should I still go into lock down, or wait my original due date of lock down for tomorrow? I've been misting the eggs every day so I wasn't sure if I still had to couldn't remember that part.

One more question I keep forgetting to ask considering my sons duck is brooding her one clutch on her own, should I separate the drake from momma and babies when/before they hatch? Will be be alright with them?

Back
Top Bottom