It's true....happy chickens lay more eggs

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by miss jay's mama, Jan 31, 2009.

1. miss jay's mama

miss jay's mama Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2008
    northeast PA
    So I've been giving the chickies oatmeal every morning since the cold hit. Two days ago I ran out. Well, I went from 3-5 eggs a day(with no extra lighting) to 1 egg. I'll be sure to give them their warm breakfast tomorrow. [​IMG]

2. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    yes happy chickens give more eggs, or at least mine do. think of it like this if you ant happy will you work like you should?

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

My girlies are so spoiled that if I don't go out every morning with some scraps they follow me right back to the gate clucking at me like I'm a bad dog or one of the cats. They certainly lay better with their little treats every morning than they do if they don't get them.

4. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Quote:Oh....they must know our gals. In fact, I call ours "you spoiled girlies" every morning and afternoon when they're underfoot, nearly demanding their treats. [​IMG]

LOL...I didn't realize I'm apparently a 'bad dog' (or some such thing) if they don't get a treat. Although come to think of it, some of that deep crooning does sound like being down right scolded!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by