I've become a chicken dad just 3 months ago. I am a keen newbie who has already benefitted from the forum posts here and now want to participate fully

My chicken was doing the same thing took about ten days to run its course. It’s nerve wrecking to watch and not be able to help. As long as they are eating and not becoming lethargic you may have to let it run its course. Watched them like a hawk and gave them scrambled eggs when they were being peckish, to atleast have something in the tummy. Also, changed the water out every day. I did end up giving antibiotics on day7 in the waterer for all my chickens (as they started to show signs) it was a broad antibiotic. After 10 days the gasping stopped and after maybe three days the symptoms in the others went away. Sorry I can’t help more. It was believed she has a respiratory infection, from a rescue bird I didn’t quarantine being a newby to chicken

My chicken was doing the same thing took about ten days to run its course. It’s nerve wrecking to watch and not be able to help. As long as they are eating and not becoming lethargic you may have to let it run its course. Watched them like a hawk and gave them scrambled eggs when they were being peckish, to atleast have something in the tummy. Also, changed the water out every day. I did end up giving antibiotics on day7 in the waterer for all my chickens (as they started to show signs) it was a broad antibiotic. After 10 days the gasping stopped and after maybe three days the symptoms in the others went away. Sorry I can’t help more. It was believed she has a respiratory infection, from a rescue bird I didn’t quarantine being a newby to chicken raising.
Glad to hear your chicken are all back in good health!! Thanks for sharing your account. It is nerve wrecking indeed for newbies like us both, specially when there are no avian vets around!!

Glad to hear your chicken are all back in good health!! Thanks for sharing your account. It is nerve wrecking indeed for newbies like us both, specially when there are no avian vets around!!
I bought a 10kg bag of Multi-Mite today, for external/internal insecticide, worming powder and feed supplement. It's totally organic. www.multi-mite.co.uk
Hopefully it will slowly boost their immune system and keep parasites at bay!

Back
Top Bottom