I've become a chicken dad just 3 months ago. I am a keen newbie who has already benefitted from the forum posts here and now want to participate fully

@DottieGirl Hi, How are things going with your chick? I hope I am not bring up something you would rather not talk about. I hope things are going well and you have gotten some answers.
Have you tried posting the same question and video in the Emergencies/medications/cures sections?

@DottieGirl Hi, How are things going with your chick? I hope I am not bring up something you would rather not talk about. I hope things are going well and you have gotten some answers.
Have you tried posting the same question and video in the Emergencies/medications/cures sections?
I am unsure, not because the answers were right or wrong, I will need to watch and listen for the next couple of mornings. The cockerels are only crowing in the morning right now, but they all look great and act fine. Thank you for checking.

Last edited:
My chicken was doing the same thing took about ten days to run its course. It’s nerve wrecking to watch and not be able to help. As long as they are eating and not becoming lethargic you may have to let it run its course. Watched them like a hawk and gave them scrambled eggs when they were being peckish, to atleast have something in the tummy. Also, changed the water out every day. I did end up giving antibiotics on day7 in the waterer for all my chickens (as they started to show signs) it was a broad antibiotic. After 10 days the gasping stopped and after maybe three days the symptoms in the others went away. Sorry I can’t help more. It was believed she has a respiratory infection, from a rescue bird I didn’t quarantine being a newby to chicken raising.

Thank you for checking up UC 🙏🏽 Camila is still having issues, though not as bad as before. Some others are also showing mild signs. I've been giving added vitamins in water. They are eating fine and laying too. She's got a little raspy breath at times though and she allows me to wipe her nose and rub some VetRx on her comb, wattle and on the head as well as under the wings. Giving a break to Flubenvet for a few days before I administer another seven days in the feed. Fingers crossed they let the snails be!!

Back
Top Bottom