I've been bitten/stung and I don't know what it was.

Mix baking soda & vinegar into a paste, and spread it on the sting. It helps tremendously. (Some sources will tell you to use WATER. Use vinegar instead. Yes, it'll foam & bubble.)

Let this gunk dry on the sting. If it falls off, add more.

If it's swelling, it wasn't a scorpion sting. They FEEL like they are swollen, but have little to no actual swelling. Hurts like heck, but make you feel numb (sounds contradictory, but it isn't.

Yellow jacket sting hurts like heck, swells but doesn't feel numb.

Fire ant bite hurts like heck and itches; also swells a bit.

Don't want any of them, but the least of these evils is the fire ant bite.

add to the list of suspects certain caterpillars...some have amazing stings from brushing up against them.

IMHO, if benadryl knocks you out, you could be developing a sensitivity to it. Be careful. Baking soda pastes work really good on localized skin bothers...

and if you're swelling the throat/tongue, call 911 as you epi pen! Passing out while driving is really possible when having an allergic systemic reaction. I guess by the time you read this it ain't such an emergency...

Those big black ants that run up and down the trees over here (not sure what they are called) can hurt like hell and leave a big swollen bump. I got stung in the chest by one, and I thought I was going to pass out.

keep an eye on it make sure you don't develop a bulls eye on the bite site the recluse or violin spider bite is a fairly nasty one if you see a bulls eye develop seek a doctor

If it felt like a cigarette burn win it first happen i would say wasp or bee.

If it just felt like a bite and kinda itched at first then swelled pretty big i would say one of them darn flying ants got ya, them darn things fall on my all the time when i am riding my ATV threw the trees and i it swells up as big as a Half a tennis and hurts like heck, don't know if it's normal or if i am just allergic to their bit.

Some caterpillars will sting also, there is one here i call an" Asp" and i am highly allergic to them.

Back
Top Bottom