I've been unfriended on fb

MeatKing

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Near Ottawa Ontario Canada
So my younger neigbor 17 years old. Is taking her ECE, Early childhood Educator. Course.
She has used my dd's for a few times for projects, this last one was a basicly final exam. She had about 10 pages of questions to anserew. A lot, but hey, it's college.

So after 3, 20 min, visits with girls. She said Hey I need help can you anserew a few questions for me. I say yes, Of course I can.
She sent me 36 questions, not a yes or no anserew, but a you must anserew a parpagraph per question.
I emailed her back and said, this feels a lot like doing someones homework. Yes they are hard questions, but I will tell you "how to get the anserews". Games to play, or songs to sing, that will you get you, what you need. But you need to do the work to get them
I said you are welcome to my kids for the next week, her assignment was due on Monday. Again I said, I will tell you how to get anserews.
No response, So i texted her and said hey, do you want the girls. No I don't have time, her boyfriend was coming home ect. I said ok. then.
Her response, so are you are you gonna help me. I said "Of course, take my kids anytime, and I will tell you what games or songs to play to get you anserews.
Nope I don't have time, can you just anserew them for me. It would've taken me at least 2 hrs to type it out. And really, It's not my homework.

Anywhoo, a few weeks has passed, I upset her for sure. Her Grandmother just passed, so went to go to her fb, and give our condolenses, she has unfriended me, my husband ect. For that :( Feel really bad, She loves my girls, they make her feel good, when all is wrong in her world. Now I can't even send her love from them kids :(
Feel so bad, but am standing behind my choice, not to do her homework :(
Makes me sad though :(

• Seeks other children to play with
  • Plays roles confidently in dramatic play
  • stands up for own rights
  • handles sudden changes/startling situations with control
  • can express anger in words rather than actions
  • allows aggressive behavior to be redirected
  • does not withdraw from others excessively
  • plays by self with or without objects
  • plays by self in pretending type activities
  • plays parallel to others with or without objects
  • plays parallel to others in pretending type activites
  • plays parallel to oothers in constructing or creating something
  • plays with a group with or without objects
  • plays with a group in pretending type activities
  • plays with a group constructing or creating something
  • shows delight for someone experiencing pleasure
  • gives something of his or her own to another
  • helps another do a task
  • helps another in need
  • moves legs/feet in rhythm to beat
  • knows the daily schedule in sequence
  • can build a block enclosure
  • can recollect and act on directions of singing game
  • speaks in expanded sentences
  • ask questions with proper word order
  • makes “no” response with proper word order
  • uses past tense verbs correctly
  • plays with rhyming words
  • pretends by replaying familiar routines
  • needs particular props to do pretend play
  • assigns roles or takes assigned role
  • may switch roles without warning
  • uses language for creating and sustaining plot
  • uses exciting danger packed themes
  • takes on characteristics and actions related to role
  • uses elaborate and creative themes, ideas, details

Last edited:
A user.Move on. If you took the time to answer each of those with a paragraph she should have done SOMETHING as a thank you.Instead she blew you off.

Thank-you, I feel so bad, cause I want to be there for her! But thank-you for your kind words. wish it wasn't this way. I know not me, but my kids could make her smile.
So surprised she choose to cut us off

Wouldn't want her working with my kidos after she graduated, i mean those are questions she needs to learn the answer too, it is part of the learning process, you can skip steps and expect to get anywhere in life, everything has an order, mess it up and you get messed up in the end.

You did the best thing you could given the situation and i think you are awesome
thumbsup.gif

Feeling bad about this is an exercise in futility. You are better off without her. Really you are. You did nothing wrong.

Wouldn't want her working with my kidos after she graduated, i mean those are questions she needs to learn the answer too, it is part of the learning process, you can skip steps and expect to get anywhere in life, everything has an order, mess it up and you get messed up in the end.

You did the best thing you could given the situation and i think you are awesome
thumbsup.gif
Thank-you so much!! This made me feel a lot better :)
That's what I though too

Feeling bad about this is an exercise in futility. You are better off without her. Really you are. You did nothing wrong.
Thank-you so much, I felt bad, cause I said I'd help her with a few questions. I thought one or two she was stuck on.. But nope I guess, we have different opions of a few. lol

Thank-you for you response. Funny, how little things can make you feel bad eh?

I don't know. When I had my education classes, there were a lot of questions that would require you spending hours every day with the child. We were told to talk to the parents and get their input since we only saw the children for an hour a week.

But those questions don't need paragraph answers from you. a simple yes/no and a one sentence example and then she can fill in the rest from HER time observing the child.

When I worked in Head Start and DID spend several hours a day with the child, we also sent home those same questions to compare the child's actions at school vs how they interacted at home.

ETA: so it is logical to me that having YOU answer those questions was part of her assignment. And without your input, all of her time spent working with your family just went down the toilet as well as her grade on this project.

Last edited:
I don't know. When I had my education classes, there were a lot of questions that would require you spending hours every day with the child. We were told to talk to the parents and get their input since we only saw the children for an hour a week.

But those questions don't need paragraph answers from you. a simple yes/no and a one sentence example and then she can fill in the rest from HER time observing the child.

When I worked in Head Start and DID spend several hours a day with the child, we also sent home those same questions to compare the child's actions at school vs how they interacted at home.

ETA: so it is logical to me that having YOU answer those questions was part of her assignment. And without your input, all of her time spent working with your family just went down the toilet as well as her grade on this project.
I got the impression that this student wanted the OP to do her assignment for her, not help her with it. And if the situation was as you described, she should have said so.

Back
Top Bottom