I've decided to answer these questions again......

cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I know, I'm not a newbie. But I thought it would be fun to answer these questions again!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am not very new to chickens anymore. I first got chickens on February 28th of 2019.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 8 chickens. 5 adults and 3 chicks. I used to have 10. :(

(3) What breeds do you have?
Three Golden Laced Wyandotte's, two Buff Orpington's (used to be three), 1 Sapphire Gem (used to have 2), 1 Black Star, and 1 unknown breed.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I've always loved animals and chickens are just so adorable! They are fairly easy to raise and you can get fresh eggs everyday! I first got a small flock of 6 for pets..... But then..... chicken math.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I like writing stories and poems. I also like to knit.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Besides my chickens, I have 1 white rabbit named BunBun and two betta fish that are getting very old.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Almost 2 years ago I was searching on Google "where can I buy chicks near me?". Well well. BYC popped up in one of the first links that it showed. Joined almost right away!!

That was kinda fun. LOL (Sorry if there are spelling errors, I have to go.)

Lol what a fun idea! I’ve been thinking of answering the questions even though I’ve been here a bit too...:oops: what’s a sapphire gem? Arent they those popular blue chickens from tractor supply?

They are also called Sapphire Splash Chickens. I don't know if they a popular at TSC but I don't see a lot of people with them.
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 9.58.01 PM.png

The pic above is not her, but that's what she looks like.

That's a pretty chicken! Can't wait to see pictures of your girl @cluckmecoop7 That's my favorite chicken color
Edited to add that I enjoyed reading your post. I too, have thought about doing this, but I figured no one would enjoy mine

They are also called Sapphire Splash Chickens. I don't know if they a popular at TSC but I don't see a lot of people with them.
View attachment 2187789
The pic above is not her, but that's what she looks like.
Beautiful chicken. I chose blue astralorp for this color, we get them at the end of the month! Now we will have a ‘blue’ dog, a ‘blue’ cat (yes we have a gorgeous cat that is like a lavender or Lilac color) and now we will have ‘blue’ chickens!

Back
Top Bottom