ive gone blank. help.. :\

shmooborp

artistic fowlism
16 Years
Mar 28, 2008
Yamhill County, Oregon
i need answers! should i hatch in the carton or not? put rubber mating down? whats better??? ahhhh! its day 18! gulp.
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
jumpy.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

I plan to try a carton next time as well but I worry that it will take in some of the humidity causing the humidity to drop...??

i was worried about that to. but i just started out from the begining with it and havent had a problem.. it will definatly make things to the point of adjusting. but it works well for turning. so i think im gonna use the carton to hatch.
smile.png
wednesday is the 21.. the due date. im soo exited
smile.png
i sure hope they hatch.. i just whent out and bought some shavings for bedding
smile.png
))

I've been using cartons for the last 2 or 3 months to hatch in and have had very good luck. I do put the rubber shelf liner down under the cartons tho....helps on the clean-up too.

Last edited:
Hi! Yay! I used the rubber mat, and wouldn't do it any other way. I chickened (excuse the pun) out at the last second and didn't use a carton. I'm not sure if I will this time or not. I can't wait to see what you get! Save some room for blrw bantams though!

It won't change the humidity once the fibers reach equilibrium with the rest of the humidity. A carton isn't a desiccant, and even descants can only adsorb so much water until they reach equilibrium.

I don't use a carton, but people have success either way.

Back
Top Bottom