:) I've got 1 pipping!!!! 8/24 @ 1:30pm

That is awesome to all that are hatching.

My internet has been down so I haven't been on here for a while

today is the 16th and my eggs should of hatched yesterday
sad.png
no cheeping or and growth I expected this though so move on

So ON Aug 3 I set 2 eggs aug 4 another 2 aug another 2 and aug 6 i set 1 from my own flock. and they all have wigglies !!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo hooo
they will start hatchin on AUG 24th
I did however take them out of the incubator and give all 7 eggs to my broody White rock on Sunday morning and she is doin awesome she has not came off them at all!!

day 13 now only 8 more days to GO!!!
lol.png
big_smile.png

I am all egg-cited LOL
I candled the eggs yesterday and here is what one looked like this egg is on day 15 when pic was taken!

63221_aug_3_egg_068_sm.jpg

Last edited:
I was pretty worried this evening I went out to collect the eggs for the day and i found my broody hen setting in a nesting box with no eggs under her.
th.gif
I have no clue how long she had been off the 7 eggs. But I do know they were not hot to the touch as they usually are when I pull them out from under her to candle them!!!
sad.png
I had a meeting to go to tonight so I couldnt keep an eye on her so i just moved the 7 eggs up tp where she was. I got home and she was still sitting on them. I was still worried though as I did not know if it did any damage to them from cooling off

well good thing it is 90 degrees here in Indiana and really humid !!!
I just candled the eggs a few minutes ago and they all still have viable chicks in them I am relieved
jumpy.gif
everyone of them were wiggling around!! so now I have 3 days left till hatch!!!!!
woot.gif

I can't wait!

Since it has been so hot I have had a fan in my coop 4 the broody Im thinking since today is day 18 should I not put a fan on her any more. I always shut the fan off at nitght and I have not turned it back on yet today

If Im thinking right the hen sweats and then that causes the eggs to have more humidity!? Is that right

Fan or no fan

Thank you!

OHHH YEAH!!!!!!!

I've got a pip!!!!
I am pretty for sure Egg is from my Delaware hen and daddy is a leghornx? (cross) in my avatar! If not it is from my BR HEN
I can hear it cheeping and scratching and pecking away in there!!

I have pipping ! I HAVE PIPPING
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

This little one is making progress !! I am having trouble keeping hands to myself LOL So I guess I better go occupy my mind and cook some supper! LOL

Back
Top Bottom