I've got no clue. Anyone else??

TarantuLady

Chirping
Mar 31, 2016
Ok....got three new chickens, the younger two are around 8 weeks, oldest is 10-12 weeks. There's 2 different kinds of chickens, the older one is different from the younger two. I have a couple ideas...but I don't know enough to say for sure. :/I'd love some help guessing their breed...:D
The smaller ones:

The large one:

So...what say you good people? What have I got here?:confused:

I'd say they're all pullets. The second one is an Easter Egger. I'm pretty sure the first two are both Partridge Rocks, but I can't see the comb clearly, though it looks like a single comb. Could you post some head shot photos?

Last edited:
Crap. That's one thing I don't need another of. My roo isn't treating "him" any differently than the other two newbies...wouldn't he be threatening him by now? :/

Crap. That's one thing I don't need another of. My roo isn't treating "him" any differently than the other two newbies...wouldn't he be threatening him by now?
hmm.png
Cockerels that grow up in the flock aren't treated any different, especially while they are still young and immature. Up until last week, I had 12 cockerels in my flock, living with my adult flock in peace.

How's this?
And that's an Easter Egger.

Three things... 1) I agree they are all Easter Eggers...now I'm seeing greenish legs.(duh, right?) And I found a pic online that matches these little ones perfectly. So, EE...yep.
1f44c.png

2) The larger one has three peas on his comb & it's fairly red for the age...so I guess I agree on the roo EE part. :( Really don't need another roo. Bought locally as a pullet...but maybe I'll keep him around for genetic diversity.

3) I added these three little EEs to an established flock of seven 4 mo. old RIR pullets and a 2 year old RIR roo. Wouldn't he be picking on a newcomer roo that's 11 weeks old? That's why I didn't think "roo." Ugh. :/

btw, THANK YOU for the replies! A couple hours ago...I didn't think I had three EEs. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom