Ive got pipping!

I havnt paid real close attention yet to the colors, pretty much need to print your pictorial to figure them out!! I do have lots of A & M's, a few tuxedo's (blotchy colored), i think some tibetans (like i said need to refer to your pictures!) and lots of regulars. I might even have some goldens, but im not sure.

I am up to an even 75 right now, with some eggs still pipping and breaking out. I have been leaving about 7-10 chicks at a time in the hatcher to kind of "encourage" the slow going ones to hatch out. Heck, i even called in sick today so i could watch the show, and im glad i did, especially since the humidity and temperature seemed to fluctuate a lot with each wave of hatching. It was interesting to watch.

Now, i have one problem, i have one chick with splayed legs, is it fixable, or is it the chicks demise?

Again Monarc, thank you and everyone else that has put up some great information on Coturnix quail, it has been a great success so far, and im sure it will continue to be!...............Jason

Well, i used the bandaid method on the chick with splayed legs but it died over night. Atleast i know how to try and solve splayed legs now.

The numbers through this morning was 89 quail with 1 casulty. Not to shabby!!

I started with 120 eggs, 4 were broken sometime during shipping and 4 were infertile while candling, so thats 112 eggs due to hatch. When i shut the hatcher down tonite i will have the final total and the results of the eggs that did not hatch.

As it stands, i am very happy with my success, 89 out of 112 is not to shabby!!

Quote:
Oh congratulations!!!
hugs.gif
!! hope so badly that i have such a great hatch from the same relatives!
celebrate.gif
! Im sure you do have some goldens too!
smile.png

As for splay leg in coturnix, i havent experienced splay leg in them yet, however i have in chicken chicks and all but one made it oddly enough and the ones that made it you'd never tell they had a problem to begin with.

celebrate.gif

Thanks Monarc!! I actually have 91 chicks as two hatched while i was at work today, but i dont think one of them is going to make it, it seems really weak. I checked the hatcher when i got home and one chick died while pipping, so including that egg, i had 21 eggs that didnt make it. So i had about an 80%+ percent hatch!!

All the chicks are doing great that are in the brooder, they are eating and drinking like champs!! When i got home (after a 13 1/2 hour day) they had finished all their food, so i refilled the plate. I have the day off tomorrow, so i am going to go and pick up some gamebird starter at another feed store that is about 1 hour away since ours doesnt carry that. I cant see myself finding the time to grind up cat food every day, especially as they get bigger and start eating more food!!!LOL

I will take a picture of the chicks in the brooder tomorrow and post it up.

Good luck with your hatch as well Monarc!!
big_smile.png
..........Jason

Back
Top Bottom