1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I've got the worst case of Batorfixationitis ever!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by scoopy82, Oct 10, 2011.

1. scoopy82

scoopy82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Victoria - Australia!
    Stollen from my own post in another topic -

batorfixationitis: A debilitation condition whereby the sufferer feels an overpowering urge to look into their incubator with hopes of seeing movement even when no movement is scheduled to happen. Chronic sufferers may even experience hallucinations, believe they have seen movement or hear noises, experience sleep loss, victims families are often affected by way of neglect and have to deal with the sufferer's compulsive checking of the incubator, obsession over temperatures and humidity, incoherent raving about development of air cells and the inability to focus on other regular daily tasks. This stage of the disease is most prominent during the 16th-21st day of incubation. There is no known cure and the condition can become contagious to individuals with a predisposition towards cute fluffy baby animals.

Cant believe how bad I am, I'm on day 18 and swear I just heard a tiny chirp. I'm checking the bator every 10 minutes. My OH will probably have his dinner burnt tonight so I might suggest he would be better off cooking for himself. I wish they would just hurry up and hatch already!!!!

2. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    [​IMG] Oh, and I can feel the symptoms coming on myself! I'm on day 18 too. Not locked down yet, but will be doing so shortly.

What have you got in yours?

P.S. Your website's great!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  3. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    My cure for this disease is to plan on having lockdown on the weekday when I have to go to work. If I plan it on the weekend this dread full disease kicks in, nothing gets cleaned or done. But if they are to hatch during the weekday, it's a wonderful site to come home and see either a crack or hear a peep or see the new cute little fur-ball..... and it avoids going apes by staring at the incubator..

4. Bowen Mt Chicken

Bowen Mt Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Bowen Mountain, NSW
    Oh crap, that means I've got it well. Better not let my hubby see this post, but he already thinks that there is something wrong, when at work as well, I phone home every few hours, no one even says hello anymore, they answer going "temp is 37. something, and humidity is whatever it is reading" then every ones happy and we hang up.

LOL though, I love it.

[​IMG]

Oh great to see Aussie's on here as well.
    We are in NSW, in the Blue Mountains.

5. scoopy82

Dec 19, 2010
    Victoria - Australia!
    Thanks Gypsy07, I've got Silver Spangled Hamburgs and some mixed eggs in mine, really looking forward to seeing them, they will eventually be for sale on my website. What are you hatching?
    Lacrystol i tried to do that but my problem is i finish work at noon so i have all afternoon to obsess over it!

6. scoopy82

Dec 19, 2010
    Victoria - Australia!
    I love the Blue Mountains, took a holiday around there last year. My OH isn't affected by the disease and can't understand why i can't just wait patiently. At least you have support and aren't battling your illness alone [​IMG]

7. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    LOL!!!! i do that every day and im only on day 4 of incubation!!! and now that i have candled my eggs and can see a very good amount of chickies forming its even worse!

8. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    Quote:You mean this is not normal behavior? [​IMG] I went into lockdown yesterday! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  9. Musechick

Musechick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2011
    This is me too [​IMG]

It's day 21 and I have seen that my first egg has pipped...I predict I will get NOTHING done today because I will be running in there to check progress every 2 minutes!

10. chookhead

chookhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    i have this soooo bad while my broody was hatching her eggs out i was wondering how many cell are there now what has developed wat happend i was soo hyper i didnt sleep proply fora month and i was very short fused with people i would normally have to be paitent with lol it was very bad and ti was under my broody not like i can see anything she wouldn't let she attacked my dog today coz he came too close tot eh chicks she went absolutly mental

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by