I've GOT To Go To Bed....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by baltimoreharps, Oct 22, 2009.

1. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    But I can't thanks to this site!!
    Ya bunch of enablers!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anyone have any ideas about convincing dh to buy 3 silies and build a coop for them for my birthday?? I REALLY want some silkies but don't want to intergrate to the flock. [​IMG]

2. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    When's your birthday???

Laney

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Hmmm....silkies are bantams, which means they might get hurt being with bigger birds. Thus, they'll have to come in the house to be protected (or even worse, treated for injuries!). Therefore, it is in DHs best interest to build a coop for the silkies or else clear a spot in the house for them.

[​IMG] Does that work? I am totally being a dooms-day'er to help your cause. I personally have seen a mixed flock with BRs, Leghorns, Ameraucanas and a silky (and all is well!).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm in bed and can't sleep....

... good luck with the coop.

5. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    Hmmm not sleepy.Actually wide eyed and hyper.Gotta love sleep insomnia [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Havnt sleep in 28 hours [​IMG]

6. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    I have been "asking" for a real coop to replace the tractor for months. No results. Tomorrow I start dumpster diving myself for the lumber; when the pile in the garage gets big enough for a coop, DH can't park his precious in there. Guess how fast he'll build that coop then! He hates a frosty car. That's my plan anyway! If I have to do it myself, this will entail weeks of crockpot dinners, no ironing of shirts, etc., because I'm spending my spare time doing that-which-you-could've-helped-with.

Anyways, I think I am the better construction person in the house, IMHO.

Another justification: always need a backup for quarantine.

For insomnia, GET OFF the computer. Drink some hot water with lemon, or some valerian tea and/or take a warm shower/bath. Been there. It's amazing what is on tv at 4am. That's after I've looked at every single post on BYC

7. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    lol I built "redneck" nesting boxes the other day.It has all kinds of scrap wood nailed on it and the hens love it.

8. baltimoreharps

baltimoreharps Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Cabarrus Co.
    Lanie,
    My birthday is the day before halloween. So far, so good....dh isn't saying yes, but he's not saying no either and with one of the presents he ordered for me not showing as shipped yet....[​IMG]
    If I got 3, it wouldn't have to be a big coop, just a little one.....and they are SO stinkin' cute!![​IMG]
    Hey, it's my 40th, I think I deserve it! [​IMG]

9. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Good luck with your birthday wish. I got my start on Mother's Day. Who could deny a mother's wish? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by