I've got ZHU ZHU PETS!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyd2008, Oct 6, 2009.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Yay!! [​IMG] I went to walmart yesterday, and they had 2 sets of 4 hamsters, so I snatched them up! [​IMG]
    I still haven't decided where I'm going to sell the other set at, ebay is bringing good money on these things, but I know there are a lot of BYCers that are looking for them. What to do? [​IMG] I might be nice and have a giveaway/swap for them, I haven't decided yet.

What do you all think I should do? [​IMG]

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Let me know if you do a contest swap woulld love to get the boys some for christmas they are just ssooo cute..

3. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I let my son have one of his yesterday, I must say it is just the cutest thing!! [​IMG] I can see why these are so popular!

4. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    is that those lil mini hamsters that dont get much bigger then a week old baby hamster?

5. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Our Walmart can't keep them in stock. Every time I go they're always gone. [​IMG] That's the one and only thing that my daughter has asked for Christmas wouldn't ya know. [​IMG]

Rainstorm - it's a toy hampster at Walmart. [​IMG]

6. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:I knew that [​IMG] LOL

7. silkypie

silkypie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    thank you for clarifying that for me too! I was wondering when Wal-Mart starting selling live hamsters. [​IMG]

8. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I'm sure I just got lucky. When I went there on (Thursday? Friday?) all they had was 3 of the 'houses', and they have the 'go-go pets' names on them. Everything else (also with go-go pets names) was gone. I went yesterday, and they still had the 3 houses, but had 2 sets of 4 hamsters and some beds/carry cases (now with zhu zhu pets names). So I got 2 of the houses and the hamsters. I got one of the beds, but since I have a boy, I didn't think 'pink' would be a good color, and he didn't like the green. Plus I figure those are an even bigger waste of money, so I passed on getting any more of them.

I'm still debating on what to do with these extras, I would love to trade them, but I don't have any bator space at the moment [​IMG] Maybe I should trade them for some welded wire? I need some of that [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I got some Zhu Zhu hamster for DD from WalMart. Even the shelves were empty but had to ask the clerk. Yes they do have them but they are putting a limit on them because too many people would buy ten or twenty at a time and selling them higher on Ebay. So you can only have a limit of two hamsters at a time. If they know you again or see you again, they will NOT sell it to you. WalMart is losing money that way but do I care? Nope, you bought the products and you can sell them anyway you like. As for me, it is for my daughter and bought it for ten dollars a piece and she is asking for a pet hamster (a real one!) and this would be a better subsitute than a real hamster.

10. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

[​IMG] YES!!!! Good for you!!!! They are cute, huh? My daughter had her birthday and got all 4 hamsters..they are so funny! I am going to ToysRus tomorrow to see if they have anymore, they said they may get them in!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by