Ive had ducks for 7 days and just fed them their normal crumbled feed what can I give them for treats, veggies and healthy food

My call ducks favorite treat is dry meal worms sprinkled in their drinking water and little pond (kiddie pool). They also like moistened dry dog food and hard boiled egg. Peas too.

Romaine lettuce ripped up into tiny pieces is a favorite of my ducks when they were ducklings, also dried mealworms. As they get bigger they liked blueberries.

Also kale, collards, cabbage, chard, lettuce and all kinds of squash are great treats. Root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, beets, turnips, carrots, radishes and parsnips are also super nutritious treats but ducks have a far easier time eating them if they are cooked or grated. No tomatoes or any part of the plant.

Make sure to offer tiny pieces as duckling can't tear and rip easily.

Mine absolutely LOVE peas!! I also chop up everything from blueberries to bananas for my dux - Romaine Lettuce, grapes, tomatoes, strawberries. Once I smashed a mini watermelon on cement for them to pick through.

Attachments

• 1076B257-9FB7-4B88-9FCD-855C85972EFE.jpeg
    1076B257-9FB7-4B88-9FCD-855C85972EFE.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
Tomatoes are questionable for ducks. Having only five little ducks I'm not going to feed what might hurt them. I've always fed tomatoes to the chickens and turkeys. But, with so many other foods, the chance isn't worth taking.

Back
Top Bottom