I've just reached Lock-down. Anyone else?

We have 45 eggs in two Hovabator 1588s. Day 21 is tomorrow. 16 Buckeyes, 9 Black Ameraucanas, 19 Silver Penciled Rocks and a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

We have two external pips and lots of peeping coming from the bator. I'm keeping an eye on this one -

Marker shows where the air sac is - it has pipped on the exact opposite side but I can see the beak and hear peeping. I guess it decided to skip the air sac altogether and just pip directly to the outside!!

I woke up at 4:30 this morning to find a tiny blue Orpington chick staring at me from the bator. Another has just started to zip. I think all of my eggs have pipped. This is so exciting!!!!

Baby number two just emerged. I think it is a golden laced Wyandotte. How is everyone else doing?

I went into lockdown Friday morning and just had my first hatch. Gosh she has been working to get out for 24 hours. I only have one other pip out of 10 eggs that survived this far (out of 24 originally). This is my first hatch.... I didn't get anything done today. We just stared at the incubator all day!

just got home and we have 6 pips out of the 18....i say it's going to be a long night, better start firing up the coffee maker......
caf.gif

My Broody is sitting and due to hatch her eggs tomarrow on the 21st! I wish I could watch them hatch but with a broody its difficult. LOL so I'm watching you all! Good luck everybody!!!
fl.gif
caf.gif

I came home today to find more chickies had hatched. 7 all up. I have only two silkie eggs left and they both have pipped. It's a shame I didn't get to see most of them hatch ( only one so far). I hope everyone's hatch goes as well as mine. Will the chicks knocking the eggs do anything to the chick inside?

i wouldn't think it would hurt the chick inside (with the chicks knockin the egg around).....i hatch in cartons but there's loads of people who don't and their chicks turn out just fine. out of 28 eggs, 26 made it to lockdown. and they are technically still on day 20....but by 11am will be on day 21. anyway, i woke up to 4 chicks! and loads more pips and a few zips! so my bator is active! so exciting!!

Last edited:
Congrats on the new chicks, only 22 left right? My last two are zipping. I ended up taking the others out because they are already fluffy.

morning people.....i woke up to see two chicks hatched and a whole lot of piping going on....i have a Duckwing and a Blue Miner....out of my gamefowl flocks.....16 more to go.....
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom