I've never eaten....

Quote:
How about a Durian? I just had the opportunity to try that & I actually liked it. The best description I could give is a combination of rotten onions & vanilla pudding but in a good way.
Sushi-if I was picking my last meal that's what it would be.

A TV show that I do enjoy is Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

Last edited:
"rotten onions & vanilla pudding" Darn, now what haven't I thought of that!!!!! LOL

I can't wait to eat my chicken's eggs!!!

I like Durian. Always thought it tasted like fermented vanilla ice cream.
The fruit is hard as a rock, about the size of smaller watermelon, and covered with 1 inch thorns. Inside it's soft and creamy, I think I remember seeds the size of oreos.
I once wrapped one in a blanket and hand carried it on a plane to Alaska, so family could try it. Probably wouldn't get away with that nowadays.

Imp- durian the dangerous fruit.

I was raised poor in Mississippi, so not much I haven't ate. If it walked, crawled, slithered, burrowed in the mud, or could fly we ate it if we could catch it.
Except buzzards & song birds. Pa told us it was a sin to eat a songbird.
Never ate long pork (But as someone else stated, if I was on a desert island and starving and they volunteered)
idunno.gif

I have ate ethnic foods that I have no clue what was (And didn't ask what was in them), some were great, some were terrible, but I'll try anything once. I love anything spicy.

Asparagus is not a food item though. I'd as soon go out in the pasture and graze. Wife & kids love it, but no one's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom