I've officially taken the plunge : )

FLMomRN

Chirping
10 Years
Jan 22, 2013
Florida
Hi from sunny Florida! (Well, right now I suppose I should say "horribly rainy" Florida, which is typical for my days off lately).

About 6 months ago we acquired a few pet rabbits. Somehow while researching how to care for them I ended up deciding I wanted ducks. I must have came across info from people who had both and they sucked me in. After reading posts here for quite a while, I now have a dozen Muscovy eggs in a Hovabator 1588.

I hadn't planned on having chickens, but since patience isn't one of my stronger suits, 2 weeks into the ducks incubating I decided I couldn't wait 3 more weeks and went and bought 2 baby chicks (after reading too much here again of course). They are currently in an old playpen that we turned into a makeshift brooder (another idea I got from here of course).

I started on a pen for the ducks a few weeks ago which will be 10x18. So now here I am reading some more, trying to figure out how to best use the area to accommodate the 2 chickens and 3-4 female ducks (that's all we plan to keep from the eggs, if I am lucky enough to even get that).

Anyway, I feel like I've been lurking here for months now and have read thousands of posts but I figured it was time I officially said hello. I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has taken their time to share their information and experiences here. I'd certainly be very lost without you all!

~Cammie

Greetings from Kansas, Cammie, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Happy you have found BYC beneficial! Best of luck with your various critters and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom