Ive ordered eggs but dont have an incubator . What kind do i get ?

Quote:
If we did, I'd get another one.
lol.png

I have the Brinsea Octagon 40. Its around $350 now. But it works amazing. Holds a consitant temp and humidity.

I also have a hovabator 1602n. It works pretty good. But if you are incubating in a room where the temp fluctuates, the temp in the incubator will also fluctuate.

I did the same thing, but I built one. Cheap, easy and it was faster than trying to buy one.

I did the same thing, but I built one. Cheap, easy and it was faster than trying to buy one.

We have a 1588 Hovabator with auto turner, a Little Giant Still Air that we use for a hatcher, and a Brinsea, RCOM 20. I just ordered another Hovabator 1588 and auto turner. We had great success with ours last season. Filling them up again now for this year! Good Luck

I think I may have to build one too lol I orderd the bator then the eggs but as of today they havnet even shipped the bator order out yet .
barnie.gif
he.gif

I would say it depends on what you want to spend alot of people like the hova ones but there is a good non strya one i think its a brinesea or some such that alot of people seem to like as well that holds a fair but not large amount of eggs. good luck

Last edited:
I absolutely love the Brower Top Hatch. It's the first, and only incubator I've tried, and I've had good luck with it, so I figured, why change
tongue.png
I'm one of those people that sticks to one thing though, once I've figured it out-too scared to try something new. It sounds like the Hovabator is pretty popular though.

Whatever is at your feedstore unless you think you can get one in from online before your eggs get there.
tongue.png
If you want to spend a little money the 1588 is good. If you want as cheap as possible that will still hatch decently a 1602n with no extras (fan, turners... ) is functional and what I hatch most of mine out of. I'd definitely take a hova over an lg after finally getting one of each. Only complaint I have with my 1602n is the wafer seems to lose accuracy quickly and I'm already needing to replace mine. Wafers are cheap though and this is not a problem with the 1588 since it doesn't use a wafer.

Back
Top Bottom