I've seen the light

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zahboo, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    and no! It's not in the ceiling fan.....[​IMG]

But seriously, my bestie just said something through a text message and all of those screw ups seem worth it.

I'll pretty much quote her, minus abbreviations.

You know what. I'm tired of all this. My rents *parents* keep thinking I do all of this for nothing...

(my reply) Mkay, you lost me.... let me guess. Grounded for the dance?

No. They are just PO'd. They just don't understand my... Intellect! What good is heaven if you haven't been through hell.

(me) ?...

You don't know how good sugar is 'till you've swallowed salt

For some reason that made sense. I guess you can't tell how good your life is until you've messed up and been in the trough's of life.

**edited for language**

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  2. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    But we parents have been through hell & are in no mood for more!
    Do your Hell raisin' on your own time.
    Sample your salt LATER.
    (Said the 17 yr.old's mom...)

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Ditto. [​IMG]

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Well... as long as there is enough light for me to read... it's cool. [​IMG]

If not... oh no [​IMG]

Compared to some people I know that mom wishes I didn't... she's got it easy.... so far [​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    what they said. times about 50.

seems like unappreciated intellect must be the serious issue, especially with all of the colorful language.

6. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Wow I must be getting old because I have NO clue what in the world that text message even meant - comprehension just went WHOOSH [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm just going to say parents house - parents rules. You kids will figure out that life is much much harder when you're out on your own, soon enough. Grass always looks greener - until you cross the pasture [​IMG]

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Why would a person knowingly screw up just to "experience life"?

The consequences of screwing up are still felt YEARS after the screw-ups happen. One bad decision could ruin a person's entire life; who would want to make a poor choice on purpose?

Of course, teens often live for the moment and don't think about the repercussions of their actions still reverberating 10 or 20 years down the road...

Those of us who are older have watched friends from high school make mistakes and end up poorly equipped for the challenges in life...it's very sad.

8. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Quote:Very well put. I know its over ten years later for me and I still feel it. I love my kids more then I could ever say but I will admit that I made a very poor choice at a young age and it changed everything from that moment forth.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by