Ivermectin cured my Hen

Meatloaf

Hatching
Aug 2, 2021
One of my New Hampshire Red hens abut 3 years old became extremely sluggish and would not eat.
When I picked her up, she had small worms coming out of her bottom.
I had read Ivermectin helped to prevent worms, so I rubbed some on her belly and the next day she was still
very sluggish, So I gave her about 1/2 teaspoon of liquid Ivermectin down her throat.
Over the next few days she got much better, but not 100%, So I gave her another dose and now she seems
to be just fine.

One of my New Hampshire Red hens abut 3 years old became extremely sluggish and would not eat.
When I picked her up, she had small worms coming out of her bottom.
I had read Ivermectin helped to prevent worms, so I rubbed some on her belly and the next day she was still
very sluggish, So I gave her about 1/2 teaspoon of liquid Ivermectin down her throat.
Over the next few days she got much better, but not 100%, So I gave her another dose and now she seems
to be just fine.
Welcome to BYC.
It might be in your best interest to closely inspect her rear end for maggots, it's called "Fly Strike."
If you see maggots, simply type "Fly Strike" in the search box and you'll see plenty of threads on how to treat it.
Also, if in fact it's worms, you'll see them in feces. A photo will help us ID what you're dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom