Ivermectin Overdose?

Pics
The studies are about worms, but my experiment was to prove to people that ivermectin given orally *does* treat lice. Lots of people think that it must be given topically to treat lice and mites. Note that I have not tried treating mites with it because I haven't had mites in a long time.

True. If I had seen the thread by the OP I would have suggested that they use permethrin for lice or mites.

My peafowl get these and for them my preferred treatment is ivermectin just because they are way too big and strong to spray. Chickens get permethrin.

I thought these were important because when peafowl folks think their peas have gapeworms or capillary worms then they treat with ivermectin they are surprised when said peafowl die.

Problem is most people aren't going to consult with vets, so I feel the need to explain what will and won't work.

Careful, my neighbor burned down his pigeon lofts doing that. I think they lost 2500 rare birds. :(
Does using Ivermectin 1% drench, given topically serve as a wormer as well as getting rid if external parasites?

Back
Top Bottom