ivermectin..which one?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by urbanfarmer101, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. urbanfarmer101

    urbanfarmer101 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Went to buy it.....too many choices. So, do I buy the one for cattle, sheep or horses? What device do I use to administer it with?
  2. mmaddie's mom

    mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

    I use Ivermec for cattle and use an eye dropper to place the drops directly on the skin.
  3. dawg53

    dawg53 Humble

    Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    You can purchase Ivomec eprinex pour on for cattle, I just bought a 250ml bottle for a reasonable price. It has no withdrawal period. You'll need a syringe or eyedropper to administer it.
  4. stretchc1

    stretchc1 Out Of The Brooder

    Jul 16, 2008
    Do a search on BYC for worming and threehorses. There's a great thread where Threehorses gives the dosage calculations for the cattle/pour-on type of ivermectin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by