Ivomec Eprinex for lice?

Dana

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 10, 2007
New Hampshire
Has anyone personally seen Ivomec Eprinex kill lice on chickens?

My flock has had a mild case of lice for a while now. I've been dusting them with DE, but it seems to only reduce the number of lice, not eradicate them.

I'm somewhat skeptical because the lice seem to only crawl around on the feathers, and don't bite the chickens. So do they still get poisoned?

Also, I've searched this site and it seems that some people use 1/2 ml, and some use 1/4 ml. Anyone know which is better?

Thanks

Ive used ProMectin b pour-on(Ivermectin 5mg type), on none consumption birds..Few drops at there neck and tail end is all if ever used..I dont know what the withdrawl time would be,,but im sure its close to 30-45 days if you would plan to eat them..no studys on it from what i know of for poultry. but i know lots use it for peafowl as well..It works because my older flock of turkeys dont have no bugs on them at times of use..there dusting seems less often when using this stuff..Ive also heard of folks using it as a wormer, but diluted down a bit. pour on is more water soluble than the injectable type for drinking water mix..

Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks wilds of pa.

I went ahead and tried the eprinex myself, and it seems to have killed all the lice!

Unfortunately the bottle I got expires next summer. Does anyone know if it's still effective a few months after the expiration date? I would like to use it again next fall, and I'd prefer not to have to get a new bottle when I barely touched this one!

Back
Top Bottom