• 11-20

• 20-30

• 31+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emojikitten

Songster
Mar 26, 2017
Earth
When Ivy was young, she had two other sisters and an amazing brother. They were kind and caring. Sadly, I had to get rid of her brother because of the law. She missed her brother, and she still does. A while after, her sister Kim died from heart failure. She was devistated. We took her and her sister to see the grave. Ivy and Coconut were by themselves, but they looked happy. That was when a hawk started to attack Ivy. Coconut saved her, but died. We thought the hawk took Ivy, but we found her hiding in the shed. We buried Coconut by Kim. Ivy was all alone. We kept her locked up in our garage all day, and went out every hour to give her some mealworms and peanuts (her favorite) We gave her a lot of other things as well, and we gave her a lot of attention. What we were going through, we knew Ivy was going through. Imagine losing your sister to a big, bad monster. That's how she felt. After a month, we bought a harness and a leash for Ivy so she could go outside and still be protected. I would always go out with Ivy, even when I was sick and throwing up, I was still out there taking Ivy for a walk. Even though she had everything a chicken could ask for, she was still missing one thing... a friend.

We bought some chicks for her, and raised them in to beautiful hens. She was happy, and she still is today. And yes, I still take Ivy for walks, but no, without the leash.
Screenshot 2017-12-28 at 5.21.46 PM.png
A90B7FC1-F201-40E0-BEEB-403D27923E3B.jpeg

Sounds like you are giving her wonderful care & support , to help her work through her grief. Animals are hurt by loss just as humans are.

Back
Top Bottom