Ivy's Daughter, Fern,Grown Up, & Barred EE, Riley (New Pic, post 25)

Zane only has eyes for Gypsy. Suede is molting right now so he's not quite as interested in the ladies as he usually is, but Fern will spend lots of time around his pen when she is roaming around. She must like guys in blue.
wink.png

Thanks! Not all of them come out with barring as extensive as Riley's, especially the blues. Her sister was a darker blue, but you could barely see the barring in her hackles and she was clean-faced. Their brother was black (dzipperer took him) and looked like a BR pullet, very dark, completely barred and with a decent pea comb and full beard and muffs.

Bad Fern!!! She did this after freeranging for hours, then we put them back up so the Delawares could roam. That means there was a very amorous Del cockerel just waiting to meet some sweet young thing like Fern. I scooped her off of there before she could fly down.
DCP_4046.jpg

Yeah, she wasn't thrilled with me, LOL. I just happened to have my camera with me because I came out to take some pics of the Delaware flock. That girl is going to be eaten by something if she keeps this up!

Back
Top Bottom