Jacksonville N.C. Chicken Laws

Hi Eric,
My name is Katie. Thanks for the info, and I have noticed that the chickens are spreading...
What kind of chickens do you have?

Thats Muffin, she is one of my silkie hens. :) Have you herd of Barnyards by the sea its a local group of chicken owners on facebook.

I'm glad I found this! I live off of Rhodestown Rd. Our HOA says no poultry but I'm not going to eat my pets or breed them. I just want a small coop for 3-4 hens. I want silkies and a good egg laying bug eater too. I figured it's better i not ask first since after possibly being denied I couldn't do it then. A lesson from my kids. If someone complains I can just move them to work with me. I'd really like them in the back yard to eat the spiders though. We are surrounded by farm land anyway. In the spring and summer we wake up to the fresh smell of turkey crap on the fields. There is someone else with a cockatoo that make plenty of noise. So i really don't think chickens could be worse. Plus I'm a clean freak. I'll be the first one bothered by funck in my backyard. I hear it's not a problem as long as it's kept clean. I'd like a privacy fence too all the way around the back yard. SO they really shouldn't be bother. Has anyone had any problems?

I'm in Rock Creek and while we don't have an HOA, there are specific rules for the neighborhood which includes not having chickens. Does anyone know someone from Rock Creek that has chickens? I have never seen any chickens anywhere in the neighborhood. I'm doing my research and hope to go to the office and ask for permission. I really don't think they will allow it but at least I tried.

Hello, it's exciting to see that there are others from onslow county on here also. I live in hubert and just started my flock.

Hello, we are in Southwest Jacksonville & we just got 6 girls & in the process of getting a male & female Nigerian dwarf goats in a week or so. I'm not sure where to call or who to ask if it's permitted to have them. We are outside city limits, do we need permits or anything of that sort?

As far as What i have read and also from what I have heard from others there is no farm animal restriction in onslow county only inside jacksonville city limits. I live in Hubert and not only do I have chickens but several of my neighbors do also and I have some with goats, rabbits, ect and we all live in a subdivision.

I know this is an old thread but it's part of the reason why I don't mind living here. Currently I live in Richlands and see several homes that have some kind of livestock on 258, Firetower, and Pony Farm. My uncle had several hens while living off of Gum Branch then again off of Henderson. No complaints as far as I know.

Not sure if my previous reply went through or not. We moved into Rock Creek last summer, and I am interested in getting a few hens also. Did you get permission? Or did you maybe do it covertly anyways?

Not sure if my previous reply went through or not. We moved into Rock Creek last summer, and I am interested in getting a few hens also. Did you get permission? Or did you maybe do it covertly anyways?

In Onslow County you don't need permission for hens. It's only an issue if you there's a noise/order problem.

Back
Top Bottom