Jaguar bantam chick?

majortaylor

Chirping
Aug 23, 2015
Texas
3108D83A-1AC9-4814-90E7-69F679432362.jpeg
F622DCDC-E2FC-4B69-8DB7-BD3A94EDF03E.jpeg

I picked this little wee lady out of an assortment of chicks at my local feed store. They couldn’t tell me her breed and they had no invoices to let me know what she might be! She was the only one that looked like this and is pretty small so I’m guessing she’s a bantam (no other bantams in the mix)
Any guesses on what she might grow up to be? Her spots look a little jaguar like! Not the usual chipmunk stripes.

She is a Campine chick. This breed is standard, so she is just small for her age; maybe the runt.
Judging by her down coloring, I believe she is of the Golden color variety.

Not only do chicks of this breed have patterning like that, but they also have green legs. As does your chick.
Thanks so much for letting me know, I’m really glad she’s a Campine, they look beautiful! I have no idea how she got to that feed store, but I’m glad I picked her. She is small but doing just fine with the naked necks.

Did you ask the store where they get the chicks? That could narrow it down also.

I agree with the others, Gold Campine and Blue Cochin.

They were pretty clueless. I asked if they had an invoice from the hatchery with the breeds they might be, and they just referred me to a poster with the usual roadisland red, Cornish, sexlink. When I pointed out that none of these breeds are grey, they just said well they’re girls

Back
Top Bottom