Jalepeno Jelly!!!

Quote:
I did that to my buddy on a ski trip, I made Jalapino jelly the day before but I made a second batch and added scotch bonnets (habanero).

It was soo funny, at breakfast (I always cook) we were slathering our toast with the jalapeno jelly and loveing it. Dan got his own jar because we sat him on the end of the table, He was crying....
Am I a bad person? (@#evil laugh#@)

Ooooh! I love this! I make several kinds. Our family's favorite is my Mango Habanero. I use the good yellow mangos, rather than the red/green ones. They have a completely different flavor.

Not only do we use this with cream cheese and crackers, but as a glaze for chicken, pork, and fish. I have to hide it from my 20 yo DD who will just sit down with a jar and spoon! LOL!

I will definitely have to try the Plum Jalapeno! I made a batch of plum jelly...now I think it's missing something!
droolin.gif

Shelly

I have a whole mess of peppers ready to pick. Can someone post a simple recipe please?

I just use the paula deen one and substitute what I want for flavor and color.

Ingredients
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh hot green pepper, such as jalapeno or serrano
1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
6 cups sugar
4 ounces pectin (recommended: Certo)
4 drops green food coloring
Special Equipment: 6 (1/2-pint) canning jars with lids
Directions
Process bell pepper and hot pepper in a food processor until finely minced. Combine pepper mixture, vinegar, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add pectin and food coloring. Pour into sterilized jars and seal*.

*Cook's Note: Follow USDA guidelines for proper sterilization and canning procedures.

Next Recipe

Last edited:
Quote:
What kind of recipe are you wanting? Here's Plum Jalapeno Jam:
7 Cups of fruit peeled and pitted
18 large jalapenos seeded
3-1/2 Cups of cider vinegar
10 Cups of sugar (you can use half splenda if you want)
12 oz liquid pectin (sugar free if you use splenda)

Boil 6 jelly jars or run through dishwasher. You want the jars hot so when you add hot jelly they won't crack

Place fruit and peppers in blender and blend until smooth. Poor into a large saucepan and add all ingredients except pectin. Boil for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pectin and boil for 10 minutes. Pour into jars and seal.

I also made mixed berry jalapeno and a berry plum jalapeno (with leftover fruit) using this recipe. I just boiled down the batch if it was too liquidity.

Back
Top Bottom