James Marie Farms Hit Bad from Storm

I texted mr Robby this morning after i read this last night and here is what hes sending out

Direct quote

"Losses were minor for us this time - only loss around 2,800 younger birds between 2 days old and 4 1/2 weeks old ( some were young bob whites in flight pens outside ) & loss 3 fully loaded GQF incubators that were hatching at time of storm - breaker tripped and chicks piled up in hatching trays and all three were a total loss - egg production drops during a tropical storm or hurricane due to the barometric pressure dropping - production went from around 7000 eggs a day to first day of the storm 182 eggs second day 214 eggs - birds are up back to about half production as of today Wednesday morning- historically they are back full force 7 to 10 days after a storm passes - thank God it was not as bad as they were expecting - I should recover fairly quick this time and very happy about that - thanks for your thoughts and prayers for the people of South Louisiana"

More from Mr Robby

"This one will be a quick recovery - I am the most disappointed in the fact that I lost a lot of Quail I was raising out for a research program for LSU - I notified them yesterday morning I was going to be a bout 6 to 7 weeks behind on their complete delivery thank God it's a three-year research program and they have a lot of cushion time - sorry for the voice dictation with horrible spelling -at this point I am so busy that's all I can do."

More from Mr Robby

"This one will be a quick recovery - I am the most disappointed in the fact that I lost a lot of Quail I was raising out for a research program for LSU - I notified them yesterday morning I was going to be a bout 6 to 7 weeks behind on their complete delivery thank God it's a three-year research program and they have a lot of cushion time - sorry for the voice dictation with horrible spelling -at this point I am so busy that's all I can do."
:thumbsup

I texted mr Robby this morning after i read this last night and here is what hes sending out

Direct quote

"Losses were minor for us this time - only loss around 2,800 younger birds between 2 days old and 4 1/2 weeks old ( some were young bob whites in flight pens outside ) & loss 3 fully loaded GQF incubators that were hatching at time of storm - breaker tripped and chicks piled up in hatching trays and all three were a total loss - egg production drops during a tropical storm or hurricane due to the barometric pressure dropping - production went from around 7000 eggs a day to first day of the storm 182 eggs second day 214 eggs - birds are up back to about half production as of today Wednesday morning- historically they are back full force 7 to 10 days after a storm passes - thank God it was not as bad as they were expecting - I should recover fairly quick this time and very happy about that - thanks for your thoughts and prayers for the people of South Louisiana"

Same thing he told me! Yes could have been so much worse and now he gonna be like oh goodness because I told the biggest caring group in the land, lol! Thanks for putting all that down.

Back
Top Bottom