James Marie Jumbo A & Ms are on the way!!

topgunbobby

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 16, 2013
Home of Quaildini

Really excited about this and have no one else to share with. Now I just need to figure out to fit them into my hovabator quail rails:D. So, anybody hatch these have any pointers? Are they similar to normal sized Coturnix eggs?

I may soon be in a similar position, so interested to know the condition you receive the eggs in; and your hatch rate.

Those "fragile" and "egg" stickers sure look like an invitation to some postal goon to thrash the heck out of that box.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I know. I'm nervous about how they will arrive. I've been given a 50% hatch rate guarantee, which is makes me feel better about it. I will definitely share my findings.

I order from J.M.F. before none broken the way they are packed you could have drop them from 2,000 ft. and none would hane broke.

TopGun, you didn't mention how many eggs you got, but I recall reading a post where somebody had the issue that the eggs wouldn't fit, or the eggs would rub the rail to the left or to the right when they turned. I believe that Mr. Richard had tried to assist by phone on how to correct this. Here is the thread. The person who posted this was upset that they had purchased 120 eggs and could only hatch 60 of them.

And I too am looking at the possibility that I will be getting JMF eggs... my wife and I believe that we may either have one hen, or all roos, but we're waiting for the quail to fully mature before we make the 5 hour drive to LA (my wife is originally from NOLA, so we could stop off and visit family after).

Good luck with your eggs... and we'd like to see some photos in 19 days.
old.gif

Last edited:
James,

I was reading that thread earlier today. You're correct. I am going to be notching my rails and will report back my findings. I am really anxious about the results. I'll let you know when I receive them, and how well they fit.

If I go that direction (which I'm pretty sure I will), I will only get 60 eggs and remove every other rail so no eggs rub.

I am hoping to order some myself once I finally get my cage situation settled so I'll be interested in everyone else's results with the turners as well.
pop.gif

Cheers,
Jessie

Back
Top Bottom