JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

GreenGoddess

Crowing
14 Years
Jun 6, 2009
St Pauls, NC
WOW!! When i was reading the information on my Hova Bator, it said that it will hold up to 50 eggs without a turner! That was most definitely incorrect, Unless they were talking about duck eggs or something!! I just set 61 eggs and STILL have room!!!!! I can't leave space in there!!! I MUST FILL the bator!!!!!

Ummm.... I think I need help here!! I'm obsessed.. LOL... At least I'm among like minded people here, right??
lau.gif
I took a few more of my EE's eggs out of the fridge and maybe I will get a few more today... Guess we will see what happens...

Ok... So, who wants to join in?

HAPPY HATCHING!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Good luck, I set 20 serama eggs this morning, and they barely took up any room.

I will be pretty close to you as well , set mine yesterday at 4:00. I set 18 in my homemade bator, it was a project my son(4) and I had a great time with! He put all the eggs in the carton and we are very excited! I will keep yall posted on how things are going. Good luck with yalls hatchings!!!!

Yup, me too! Just finished setting 13 Marans, 13 EE's and 4 RIR's in my Reptipro 5000. Im hoping for a better hatch than the last
one...1/24. I am causiously hopefull.
smile.png

I'm so on this train! I set 40 silkie eggs yesterday at 7pm. :c) I'm terribly excited, since this is the first hatch in a long time for me.

(Are we there yet? How 'bout now?!)

Ooohhh!!! Looks like we are going to have a great hatch with all of us!!!!

UPDATE! I originally set 61 eggs and then put in 6 more a few hours later to make a total of 67! Well, When I went to turn them, I accidentally hit one of them on the wire mesh and BROKE IT!!! Thing that sucks is it was one of my EE's eggs!!! So, I MADE a turner! I now have 66 eggs in there and I STILL have room for about another 7-9 eggs!!!! Guess I will just have a staggered hatch for a few days!

Now, keep in mind that the turner I can get for my bator can only hold 42!!! I basically took rabbit wire and cut it as long as the bator is wide and then made one looooong cup for the eggs to sit on end side by side... It works PERFECTLY and now I just have to tilt the whole bator instead of turning each by hand and breaking more!!!!! MUCH better than the $40+ turner you can buy because it was FREE!!!
lau.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I set last night about 11:30PM. I set 8 EE (4 fresh and 4 that had been in the fridge for a couple of days, experminting) 9 BOs and 23 CCms. Hope this batch is better than the last one. Last one I set 40 EEs had only 8 hatch and 2 of them did not make it. Unfortunatly they were supposed to be a christmas present. The lady who purchased them said 6 was ok for now but would like to have a few more (reason for the 8 in the inky now.
big_smile.png

So I should be with you on the 28th.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom