JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

9 silkie chickie eggs in tonight!!!!
big_smile.png

Ok ok ok!! I think I am done setting eggs... I have set a total of 72 eggs!!!! I swear, at this rate I am going to need a cabinet bator for the next hatch... With my first homemade bator, I set 18 eggs... The second homemade bator I set 36.. This time it's 72... wow! I just realized that it had exactly doubled each time!! LOL... Ok.. So, next hatch I will have to set at least 144, right??
lau.gif
Thank goodness my hubby don't read these forums!!!

ETA: Almost forgot, I do have a bunch of my EE's eggs that came from the fridge.. Some had only been in there for a few days and others for almost 2 weeks.. I marked them with an "R" so I will be able to tell if refrigeration does have an impact on hatch rates... The only thing wrong with that is I will not be able to know if they are bad unless they begin to weep because the shells are green and on the thick side.. I can't see through them like my brown eggs or my tiny green eggs..

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I am joining you...
ya.gif

I have a batch of 24 eggs set to hatch on the 27th.. well day 21 is the 27th..,. all of mine seem to start then.. but actually hatch on day 22 on.. good luck everyone!!
pop.gif

Shelly

I'm in too! Setting 12 BCM and 12 colorful pink blue and green ones in the am. Someone suggested I let them rest over a day so am it is!
I can't wait! Mostly the first candling will be fun with the lighter eggs, I've never been able to see veins with my dark marans and welsummer eggs!
This will be fun!

I set 5 Delaware and 15 BLRW/ Std Cochion eggs on Jan 7 about 7pm so I should be hatching with you. This is my second time hatching. The first time I got about 15 chicks out of 47 eggs. One of my hens started going broody today and I might give her a couple of chicks when they hatch. Has anyone else ever done that. What is the best way?

Well we had set our eggs on Thursday which would have given us a January 27th hatch, but unfortunately the room we put the incubator in was not the best choice, and it got really hot in that room overnight (we have an old house & the heat doesn't distribute evenly throughout the house). When we checked the bator this morning, the room was hot & I knew it was gonna be bad. The temp in the bator was 108 so we chucked the eggs and are going to start over in a different room where the temperature is more stable.

We'll be re-setting eggs but will wait until Monday or Tuesday

Quote:
You may be a few hours ahead of us but yes, you are with us!! Welcome!!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Thanks. I think it will be the 28th because NONE of my hatchs have every been exactly ontime. My last one started pipping on day 21 but the first chick did not come out unil day 22.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom