JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

BigDaddy'sGurl :

Mine are due the 27th--can I play too? Please?

Of course!! Welcome to the hatch!!! How many did you set?

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Welcome to our hatch!
smile.png

Goddess
jumpy.gif

sad.png
I didn't make the list... 30 eggs in on the 9th which should give me a hatch date of the 30th (or thereabouts).

I'll update later today on what eggs are going in this weekend.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh!! I am soo sorry!!!!!! I wrote you down but when I was grabbing everyone's name to paste into the sheet, I went right past you! You are in girl!!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I haven't been on in a while, so I missed this thread. I'm in. I've got about 16 set to hatch on the 29th. I'm not sure how many are fertile though. My rooster was preyed upon a week or so before christmas and I was visiting family over the holidays and I didn't think it fair to ask someone to turn eggs for me 3 times a day, so I didn't set until the 8th of January when we got back. I'll candle and throw out non-fertile at day 10 so I'll have a better idea of how many I should get.

Last edited:
Ok.. To make it easier, I created a BYC page for the hatch which has the list of everyone... If you would like to see it, click on "View My BYC Page" to the left... If I have forgotten anyone or you would like to be added, please let me know... If you think the colors are horrible and think they should be changed, let me know...
lau.gif

Oh... I also set another 3 eggs today since I still had room... I have all of them in egg cartons and I just couldn't leave any spaces open!!! LOL So now I am up to 64 (15 for the CNY hatch)

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Of course!! Welcome to the hatch!!! How many did you set?

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I set 64 but am down to around 50 or so after candling. I bought 15 BR eggs, 24 Brown Leghorn, and 24 RIR. I think the ratio of hens to roos was off with the RIR eggs because after cracking some with no development, I found that many were infertile.

Thanks for including me!

I also have 2 quail eggs I set a few days later so that they will hatch with the chicks.

Quote:
Oh!! I am soo sorry!!!!!! I wrote you down but when I was grabbing everyone's name to paste into the sheet, I went right past you! You are in girl!!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Awww, thanks.
big_smile.png

I have only used a maglite flashlight for candling. BUT I was shown a really neat project over the weekend for candling.

Using a lamp light socket installed on a piece of wood, then put a clay pot upside down on top of it. Put the egg on the pot drain hole and turn on the light. Voila!

I am sure this is not new - but I just thought it was so cool and handy.

Similar to this but with a lamp.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4435319_egg-candler.html

Back
Top Bottom