JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

Hubby used all the salt when we had ice/snow a few days ago so I took the salt container (cardboard) and put a hole at either end.. i have a shop light that I put into one end and a hole for the egg in the other.. I STILL could not see into those dang EE eggs!!!! If I use a regular light bulb I will fry the chick inside, if there is one... I used one of those squiggly light bulbs and it should be bright enough but it's not... I give up on even trying....

Goddess
jumpy.gif

What do you think about using one of those crazy million power flashlights? We have one around here that I was thinking about putting under a flowerpot. I read another post on here from a year or two ago where someone used one of those lights. Didnt mention anything about frying the baby.

Then again, I am new to this. With my luck, I'd kill the chicks.
he.gif

I set 20 eggs seven days ago and candled tonight. Of the 12 BBS Orps, not one was developing--sadly, I think Suede is losing fertility at four years of age. His own sire lost his about this time. Usually, at least Smoky's are fertile, but not this time. The lone egg from my big hen Meg was too porous to even see, but I'm betting it's not growing, either. I'll leave them in a couple more days, but if none have any veining, I'll pull them from the bator.

Of the 7 Delawares, all belonging to my hen Georgie, all of them are developing very well. So, by February 1, I will have some Delaware chicks to sell out of my big Isaac, in my avatar, if all goes well.

Quote:
I don't think you would have any trouble with a flashlight, as long as it don't get hot enough.. You could always turn it on and feel the the heat that comes off of it...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Is he a Del? He really is beautiful!! I have an Americauna (true blue egger) x RIR, Americauna (another true blue egger) x Dark Brahma bantam and a New Hamshire all in with my del roo... I can't wait to see what their babies look like... If I get ANY with feathered feet, I don't care what hubby says, I'm keeping them!!! LOL

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Ok.. I looked back at the message and I'm really not an idiot!! I'm in the middle of cleaning and was reading the messages way too fast.. You said in your post that he's a del! OMG!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Goddess