JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

Ok I don't know how big of a problem this is but... I think DD accidentaly tuned the bator temp down. It was at 96.8 with 54% humidity for about 3 hrs before I realized it. How bad will this hurt them?

We candled last night. Of the 3 eggs in our 3-egg mini, 1 had obviously stopped developing. We can see obvious veins and some spontaneous movement in the other two, which we returned to the bator. The temp is steady at 99, not sure of humidity but the bator is too tiny for the hygrometer/thermometer thingie DH found at Harbor Freight. However, the two remaining eggs, while still showing signs of spontaneous movement, have an odd smell to them. I think it might be the funky water in the plastic bator??

Quote:
Shouldn't hurt them. I keep my eggs at 100.
smile.png

Quote:
To update this: I did remove all the Orp eggs from the bator. Not one was fertile. However the seven Delawares are going strong and today, I added 12 eggs to the bator consisting of 5 Delawares and 8 BBS Orps. Guess I'll have to break out the other Hova as a hatcher since these are staggered by over a week. I hope Suede got busier with his ladies since I collected the first batch from that pen.

Sounds like everyone is having an exciting time!

Quote:
Sweet -
thumbsup.gif

I just love Free eggs don't you?!

I got 9 Free hatching eggs from a BYC'er.
smile.png
Can't wait to see what they look like! I got three roosters from him and he said those are the daddies and two of the roosters are just Gorgeous!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom